Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor White or Hunt & Osborne??

Need an advice!!

Been considering customising either one of these cues. Can anyone help with feedbacks?
    Why these two?
    Trevor White- Based on testimonials in the forum
    Hunt & Osborne- Special recommendation from a friend in Thailand.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Trevor white because he's a legend!!!!!!!!

Trevors cues are as good as anyones and better than most, he is also a lot cheaper than Osbourne.
    Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

Comment

Both make fantastic cues, difference is that to get Hunt & O.'s best work you have to order a black plate which starts at £550!!! Trevor always gives you his best work and his cues start at £250. You can't go wrong with either cuemaker, but financially speaking there's a huge difference for no difference in quality. Oh, also, and this is just personal preference, Trevor's finish is the best I've ever seen; silky smooth and mirror bright!

The choice is yours.
      Last edited by KeithinFrance; 11 January 2009, 12:41 PM.
      Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Trevor White.

There's no choice in the matter, when it comes down quality and value for money.

I love my TW cue
        Quote : It took me eight hours a day for 16 years to become an overnight sensation! Cliff Thorburn

Comment

H&O black plate start at 550 pounds,go for Trevor,he's very good.

Comment

I have a red plate Hunt & Osborne, best cue I have ever had. Having seen a Trevor White cue also, I doubt you would go wrong with either cuemaker.

Comment

How do i describe to Trevor to get the best result of the cue? Currently i am using a thai cue with a little more forward weight. I have played with my friend's old John Parris Ultimate and i like the feel.

My own understanding is if the shaft is too stiff, i can't play a screw back with ease.

Comment

Go for a Trevor White, I just got one and it is a fantastic cue!

Comment

Definitively Trevor. I have his cue and playing for over a year now. The balance and finishing is excellent. Why need to pay more $ for the same quality? IMO some cues are really overprice.....

I still waiting my 1 pc coming.... : )

Off Topic.. Trevor, have you consider to use other material than bass for the joint, and ferrule?

Comment

Both are good but you will get more for your money from Trevor

Comment

Originally Posted by Just View Post
                      How do i describe to Trevor to get the best result of the cue? Currently i am using a thai cue with a little more forward weight. I have played with my friend's old John Parris Ultimate and i like the feel.

My own understanding is if the shaft is too stiff, i can't play a screw back with ease.
                      This is the most difficult thing to do, even if English is your mother tongue! You have to really analyse all the things you like in a cue and why and DO NOT RELY ON WHAT OTHER PEOPLE SAY; it's YOUR cue, only you can say what you like. Once you have a good idea of what YOU like then try and tell Trevor and trust him, he's the expert and he can play too, so he won't steer you wrong. At the end of the day, you can always adapt to a cue and if you really don't like it, let Trevor know and I'm sure he'll build you another one. Good luck!
                      Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

I will go for Trevor's cues as there are cheaper and the quality are on par with H&O cues.

Snookered <=== waiting for his 1 piece Trevor's cue

Comment

Working...
                        X