• Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Comment

ADR,

Whats your opinion re quality of Master cue. Have you anything else (1pc which can be split) or 2 pc that you would sell. Are you willing to sell JP 2pc I think I noticed you mentioned on another thread. Re this particular cue afraid 9mm no good for me.

Thanks
        Derek

Comment

Originally Posted by Monsoon View Post
          ADR,

Whats your opinion re quality of Master cue. Have you anything else (1pc which can be split) or 2 pc that you would sell. Are you willing to sell JP 2pc I think I noticed you mentioned on another thread. Re this particular cue afraid 9mm no good for me.

Thanks
          Derek
          mastercue are good cues - but their joints are poor.

the parris is sold although i have been offered a 3/4 elite.

Comment

3/4 no use I'm afraid. If something comes up though let me know. My preference would be TW.

Cheers

Comment

you would maybe need to buy a new one would be about £250

Comment

Thanks ADR, it looks perfect, but it's 2 1/2 ounces too heavy for me. Specs and design-wise it's the cue of my my dreams.

If I bought it would there be anything I could do to reduce the weight without affecting the balance point too much? Looks like there's a bit of weight in that joint and balance point at 18 is about as far forward as I'd want to go...
                Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

I have bought recently a 1pc Trevor White from ADR147.
                  This cue is at the moment at Trevor for making a small bit on it.

Details here:
                  http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ad.php?t=15070

If you are interested in buying plase let me know.

The advantage is that the split in 2pc could be done now without shipping again and again.
                  I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

Chat Lag, I think I could be interested.

Is it at TW for adjustment? or just for resale. Why you parting with it? How much? Do you know how much split will cost?

Alot of question I know.
                    Derek

Comment

Originally Posted by Monsoon View Post
                      Chat Lag, I think I could be interested.

Is it at TW for adjustment? or just for resale. Why you parting with it? How much? Do you know how much split will cost?

Alot of question I know.
                      Derek
                      After a few days a small crack at the butt end appeared. I am a perfectionist so i sent the cue to Trevor to have it repaired.
                      The cue is absolutely fantastic but a bit too long for me.
                      So i will have a new one made by Trevor with my specs.

About the cost for splitting you should ask trevs1 or ADR147. They both know the cue and can proof that there is nothing wrong with it.

I think 200 GBP will be a good price for it.
                      I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

about £20 to split

Comment

Ok few more questions.

The split in the butt is this totally repairable? Any accessories with the cue? I cue with name plate to the right (right handed) please confirm chevrons would not be visible when cueing.

If I go ahead how would I get money to you for cue?

How does Trev get payment for split etc normally?

Can both get money via paypal? not sure how all this works.

Comment

What specs are you after?

I have a 1 piece Trevor White cue that is for sale.

It is an exact copy of a Parris Traditional.
                            Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

Comment

Bear in mind if you convert it to a 2pc centre split (at least I think that's what you're talking about) it will be much harder to sell on. Hardly anyone wants them anymore. Not only that but it won't be the same cue. The balance will be brought forward and you'll add about 1 oz to the weight. I wouldn't bother personally especially with an expensive cue. Doesn't matter with something you don't mind experimenting on though. I've had countless jobs done by various makers. Some I've regretted..

Comment

Originally Posted by Mr O View Post
                                Bear in mind if you convert it to a 2pc centre split (at least I think that's what you're talking about) it will be much harder to sell on. Hardly anyone wants them anymore. Not only that but it won't be the same cue. The balance will be brought forward and you'll add about 1 oz to the weight. I wouldn't bother personally especially with an expensive cue. Doesn't matter with something you don't mind experimenting on though. I've had countless jobs done by various makers. Some I've regretted..
                                To stop the problem with weight that you have pointed out I would suggest having a bob akers joint fitted its made from perspex and would add less weight than a solid brass joint.
                                Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

Comment

Working...
                                X