No announcement yet.

value of cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah agreed but with the ones I've seen it done to the result was pretty impressive. the one piece feel had been restored as they were now wood to wood.

Comment

if u were to join the two pieces of wood together, i cant imagine the end result being like a true one piece. surely not.

(ps adr, post them tips quick, mines doin me head in (tom m)

Comment

Actually it was the owner who said the one piece feel had been restored. Personally i think the feel difference is all in the mind.

Comment

who knows eh? best to leave alone but thats just my opinion

Comment

As spokesman for the NSPCC (National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Cues)
            I tell you that once chopped I'm afraid it can never become truly whole again.

I urge you stop cutting these cues. Don't listen to the lies of those who say the difference is in the mind. They are evil!!!!

Comment

Well, it can kind of be done, but the result is not the same as a true 1 piece as the wood running through the middle is not the same piece. For my first test cue i didn't have a piece of ash long enough so i extended what i had using another piece of ash via a dowel joint at ~16". I then spliced over the top of this.

Comment

thats what this guy was thinking of doing, i probobly wont do it anyway it was just an idea, its a lovely cue as it is and i guess i will have to buy a "proper" one piece cue now
                theres only 1 watford gap in my eyes !!!

Comment

Working...
                X