Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaping my cue tip

Hi guys

Last night i had ago at reshaping the tip on my cue, I havent done it before and i think i didnt do a bad job in the end. The down side was i could find my old mans cue file he gave me ages ago so had to use fine sandpaper and wet and dry.
    Once i finished the tip looked alot better in all round size and shape and i completed the job by a couple of taps with a wooden mallet to help the fibres settle.

My question it that ive notice that while filing the tip it was a very soft one and was woundering if that is a sign of a good tip or bad one.
    I was thinking of changing the tip to a harder one would this be a good idea or not

Thanks
    Gaz

soft tip

A tip will always feel softer when you've just sanded it Gazf.You have to be careful to do it from side to side or stroke the paper towards the butt,in order to prevent opening up the fibres in the leather too much.
    Sounds like you've done it ok,you'll need to play a few frames to see if you like it.It'll take a while to settle before you can decide whether it's too soft or not.
    I've recently changed to a harder tip and after 30/40 frames have not made up my mind yet.

Comment

Thanks mate

In that case i might have moved more fibres than i should have then because while i was using the sandpaper i didnt kept the strokes to one way. But i only really did that while doing the head of the tip alittle to get down more.

Im going for a couple of frames on my own tonibht while the misses is out on the pop. Ill see how i get on then. Plus its the first time ive been for months so i may be finding myself all over the place.

Thanks
      Gaz

Comment

Working...
      X