Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craftsman, Parris or Mastercraft?

Hi.

I`m a new forum member and I need some tips for buying a new cue. I also hope that you undestand all things what I means, my English skill is not best

There is few brands I think to suit my budget. Mike wooldrige and osborne goes overly expensive.

I have played Peradon York cue since 2000 and it has seen best days.
    Now I`m looking decent quality and cunstruction. Shaft grains have to be as straight as possible because it seem to affect my aiming process a lot.

Parris cues is only brand I have been seen and tested little bit.

Which brand of these three brands fill there promises usually (in web pages all promise a lot)? I have to buy without testing because I live in Finland.

Regards Juha
    Oulu, Finland

Mike also does a Shark cue which is priced lower than his normal range http://www.handmadecues.com/cues/33-sharkseries.htm

I would also think that if Wooldrige and Osborne are out of your price range then Parris certainly will be too. Hope this helps.
    “There are a lot of good players capable of winning the title but as long as I’m still in it they’ve got a headache.” Stephen Hendry

Comment

price class should be appr. £200-300 (cue only).

Comment

Originally Posted by submarine View Post
        Mike also does a Shark cue which is priced lower than his normal range http://www.handmadecues.com/cues/33-sharkseries.htm

I would also think that if Wooldrige and Osborne are out of your price range then Parris certainly will be too. Hope this helps.
        Thats what I'm thinking to,

You can afford a Mike, Trevor, parris, O'sbourne for £200-300 budget.
        Better to go for one of them as they're meant to be really good cues.
        With that budget though, I think you can get the best work from Mike and Trevor, not so sure about the other 2, may need to spend more to get their best work.
        Hope that helps.

Good luck in your cue hunting p00kaju.
        My self I'm waiting on my Trevor White now.
        And my Wooldridge will be order somewhere near the middle of this year
        Last edited by nam1977; 16 January 2009, 12:18 PM. Reason: added sentences

Comment

Originally Posted by p00kaju View Post
          price class should be appr. £200-300 (cue only).
          pm me on this budget.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

It depends on what desgin of uce you want for the money.
            If it's something plainer you could get a Trevor White or Coutts.
            A Wolldridge shark might be an option not played with one.

Other wise I'd say Craftsman you could get anthing you wanted for that money.
            ADR147 is worth talking to though.

Comment

Craftsman is at the moment my "favorite" option. That`s because I can choose accurately lenght and weight even in £200-250 price class.

Wooldridge Shark: I don`t know prices and option because website is currenly down (shop). Earlier message I mean that made to measure label model is too expensive.

Comment

Craftsman is at the moment my "favorite" option. That`s because I can choose accurately lenght and weight even in £200-250 price class.

Wooldridge Shark: I don`t know prices and option because website is currenly down (shop). Earlier message I mean that made to measure label model is too expensive.
                For a Trevor White, Dave Coutts or Robin Cook (£200 - £250) you can always choose your specs and the quality is far, far superior to Craftsman. With a Mike Wooldridge, as soon as you go out of standard spec it costs you. Go for Dave, Robin or Trevor, they're worth it!
                Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Maybe stupid question but where can I find Trevor White webshop sites?

Comment

Trevor has no website, best thing is to send him a pm to Trevs1 or to contact ADR147 also on this forum. Trevor can build you a new cue but it'll take time (of course!) but if you're looking for a cue with standard specs then perhaps Andrew will have something he can sell you now. Andrew buys and sells cues and is trustworthy.
                    Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Maybe stupid question but where can I find Trevor White webshop sites?
                      you can't although i am working on him letting me do it!
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I don`t know how to write you as private so please can you contact me juha.kalaja(..ät..)gmail.com

Comment

There are many superb brands like John Parris, Peradon, Mike Wooldridge, Acuerate...
                          but in my opinion the cue doesn't need to be the most expensive in the world. There are many pretty good cues which are pretty cheap - the cue which you feel more confortable with it it's best. The most important is the TIP - to play well you need a high quality tip.
                          The world's finest doubler

Comment

Superb brands Peradon and Acuerate!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X