If Ronnies Cue Was On eBay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Ronnies Cue Was On eBay?

During the Masters final Steve Davis was talking about Ronnies new cue and how Ronnie had said that he may smash his cue every few months and then Steve said that it would be a great idea if Ronnie would auction his cue on eBay with the money going to charity. Great idea!!

So heres my question.........

If, at the end of the Masters, Ronnie had announced that he was putting his cue on eBay, how much do you think it would make?

Incidentally, Ronnies 'friend in Bali' that he said he was giving the cue to is rumoured to be the artist, Damien Hirst.

I reckon that if the cue was on ebay it would make over £1000 no problem!

Oldgit
    'Believe To Achieve'

you' know they say Parris is a clever so and so, give the pro's cues and joe public will pay way over the top for the same but i think his plan was flawed from the onset. He should have given all those cues away on the condition that he replaces them after 6 months and sells the originals on ebay. He'd have been a millionaire by now.

Comment

oh i think he is!
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Hi ADR
        I can't give you a pm, but could you pls send me you e-mail address to me , I would like to order a cue through you!

Comment

cueinhand, why can't you send him a PM? there is nothing wrong with your account that would stop you sending a private message!!!!!

Only new members with less than 10 contributing posts do not have permission to use the PM system.

Comment

yup!
            how come I can't send hime a pm evn if keep trying again and again????

Comment

If he said such a thing then it would open up the chance for someone to claim it was a cue used by Ronnie so I don't think it would be a good idea to sell it on Ebay. Maybe a private auction if the money is to go to charity but there are so many scammers on Ebay that some would look to exploit the fact that they could feasibly have Ronnie's cue.

However just to answer the question of how much it would go for, I think over a £1000 is a certainty, probably nearer £2000 which is silly really but some people would pay stupid amounts just because it was used by Ronnie.

Comment

oh!sorry Ferret the pm is work!!

Comment

Personally I feel if someone want to break a cue, he should be allowed to.
                  It's unfair to say that since he has a chance to sell it for charity money he should live up to that potential. Stretching that ideology, nearly everyone here should stop doing what he's doing and give all their potential financial surplusses to charity.
                  Even the people enjoying that charity.

On the other hand I also feel if someone breaks a cue he shouldn't bother the entire media with it, although I guess there's just a media demand for that type of stories.
                  I'm not saying you support Davis' statement, but I thought it was a badly thought out thing to say of him.

Comment

If ronnie's cue was auctioned of on ebay or at another auction it would definately be looking to be bought for between £1000-£5000 just because its a very rare item. Only you will have the cue say he won the world championship with or The Master etc.
                    "I think it's a great idea to talk during sex, as long as it's about snooker".... Steve Davis ....

Comment

I just know that there wiould be too much expensive for me!

Comment

ronnies cue is on ebay! the one he gave away after the 2006 final has been put on there at a ridiculous price. heres the link!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ronnie-OSulliv...item3a657b8d79

Comment

Originally Posted by baldy79 View Post
                          ronnies cue is on ebay! the one he gave away after the 2006 final has been put on there at a ridiculous price. heres the link!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ronnie-OSulliv...item3a657b8d79
                          he has brought the cue down from the 50k he wanted from me!

Comment

its a ridiculous amount for a cue no matter who it belonged to!

Comment

its worth maybe 2k

Comment

Working...
                              X