Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lewis & Wilson Cue

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dZnoGdeNAvwRqEMN7

Just picked this cue up. Found it on facebook with an extension and an aliminium barracuda match cue case for ?50. What a steal!

Looks to be one of the older, handmade ones from Telford, but I've only just started collecting cues so I wanted to check here and see what people have to say??

Nice straight grain down some parts of shaft, and some interesting chevrons & knots down other parts.

It certainly looks and feels older, but the badge differs slightly to other older models I've seen (no border round the text). It obviously looks hand-spliced too but there is wear on the base of butt which makes me think that the butt and/or the splices might be painted.
    ...Or perhaps I am just overthinking it. I've shown this in the photos.

Would be nice if it was a genuine handmade Lewis & Watson, but I am not too fussed if not because the case I got with it is nearly worth 50 on its own.

Currently using a really nice old Barracuda Gold Medal but doesnt quite feel right in my hand...might replace it qith this L&W cue if it is the genuine article and plays nicely too. I've read several reviews which suggest some of these L&W cues are top notch and easily comparible to a Parris cue.

Would be good to hear anyone's thoughts...?

I use a Lewis and Wilson, it's about 25 years old, mint condition 1 piece hand spliced cue, a real beauty, if u pick up a cue that was made in the 80s your definitely going to have something of quality, even the standard cues like the Power glide cues were great, the purist in 1 piece was a great cue. I've a burwat champion that's about 70 years old, it's fantastic but it's just too light for snooker. I've been to the parris shop receny, but I wasn't impressed. John parris has 11 people working for him and they make about 50 cues a week, so when your cue is made about 5 or 6 people have contributed to making it, if I was getting a cue made, I would be going to glover or somebody of equal standard, not parris, your just paying for the name, although some of the cues produced are quality, but overall the cues he sells on the rack are over priced for what they are and not visually pleasing to the eye

Comment

Working...
    X