Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for trevor white

hi
    I'm looking for a new trevor white cue made with my specifications. Bur TW has no website and i I don`t know how to write him a private message and ADR147 seems to be unjoignable.
    so please i need some help.
    You could also answer me at mnaitali@hotmail.com
    Best Regards

Originally Posted by mnaitali View Post
    hi
    I'm looking for a new trevor white cue made with my specifications. Bur TW has no website and i I don`t know how to write him a private message and ADR147 seems to be unjoignable.
    so please i need some help.
    You could also answer me at mnaitali@hotmail.com
    Best Regards
    Man alive, on the same page as this thread are about 4 other topics re Trevor White, might be worth reading them!!!

Anyway, Once you have posted more than 10 posts you will be able to PM Trevor who's board name is trevs1.
    Live for the day you're in, tomorrow is just something that may happen

Comment

You will need to have more than 10 contributing posts to the forum before the private message facility is activated on your account.

Message to TW - Trevor, I'm gonna start charging you for membership soon

Comment

Hi,
        Im looking for a new cue in measure but i really don't know exactly which long i have to choose it. My height is about 69.42 inches.
        What's the best
        Please help.
        Best regards

I've read a lot of good things about Trevor white cues at this forum but i've never played with. I'm thinking of getting one cue if possible.. It is good to purchase it without trying before?

Best regards
        Last edited by ferret; 21 January 2009, 12:57 PM.

Comment

69.42 inches is 5'9.5" so you are just about average height. Are your arms long, short or average size? Your arm length is more important than your height.

You are probably best with a 57" cue, which is about standard size. In any case, longer is better than shorter as with a longer cue you can always hold it further up the butt.

Which game is it for? Snooker, English 8ball pool?

Have you got a cue at the moment? Are you comfortable with it? What are it's specifications?

You'll need to give more info before someone can help you.
          Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Well it all depends.
            If you were buying something off the shelf I would always try first but really for custom you have to take a bit of a punt.

I'd make sure you know what you want, Trevor can give you a bit of advice but I'd look at cues of different weight balance etc to get an idea of what suits.
            No two cues are the same so seeing on cue from a maker isn't a rule that they will all be the same. Trevor does obviously have many happy customers so including me so can be trusted.

Comment

mnaitali, I have just deleted a number of your threads on the same subject, if you continue to post bomb the forum like this then I will ban you instantly and you will not get in contact with Trevor White.

Be warned as you will only get the one.

Comment

thanks for your quick answer. That's only for snooker game, I m actally playing with a bce heritage with 56'' inches. im pretty confortable with it but want better.
                If you are from france we can maybe talk in french with the autorisation of the tsf administrator of course.

excuse me. i will stop now.
                Last edited by ferret; 21 January 2009, 01:05 PM.

Comment

I tried to send you a PM but you can't receive them, so I asked the TSF administrator (Ferret) if it'd be OK to speak in French. I'm still waiting for his answer.
                  Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Originally Posted by KeithinFrance View Post
                    I tried to send you a PM but you can't receive them, so I asked the TSF administrator (Ferret) if it'd be OK to speak in French. I'm still waiting for his answer.
                    Sorry but I have had no PM from you!! and yeah that is ok. We do have a international forums section - http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...play.php?f=162 but no section for French speaking members as of yet, if there is enough demand then I will a section for it.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, ferret, I guess it didn't work as I sent it to you and mnaitali at the same time; he can't receive messages so maybe it cancelled the PM to you?

Comment

Emm, that's interesting, it shouldn't of done. I'll have to have a look into that.

BTW I just looked at the database and there are 62 french speaking members so maybe a French section will be added soon

Comment

Originally Posted by mnaitali View Post
                          thanks for your quick answer. That's only for snooker game, I m actally playing with a bce heritage with 56'' inches. im pretty confortable with it but want better.
                          If you are from france we can maybe talk in french with the autorisation of the tsf administrator of course.

excuse me. i will stop now.

Pour mnaitali, ce qu'il faut c'est que vous me dites ce qui ne va pas avec la queue que vous avez, et, plus important encore ce qui va bien! Si vous avez des idées à propos de ce que vous voudrez on peut en discuter, je suis en arret maladie en ce moment, donc j'ai tout mon temps.

Si ça peut vous rassurer, je m'y connais pas mal en queues de billards car je m'occupe gratuitement de chercher et acheter des queues pour pas mal de personnes qui font partie de mon club de billard. Et avec pas mal de succès.

Je connais aussi personellement la plupart des artisans qui fabrique des queues et passe pas mal de temps à discuter avec eux pour qu'un ami puisse avoir la queue de ses reves.

A très bientot sur TSF

Comment

Originally Posted by ferret View Post
                            mnaitali, I have just deleted a number of your threads on the same subject, if you continue to post bomb the forum like this then I will ban you instantly and you will not get in contact with Trevor White.

Be warned as you will only get the one.
                            To the administrators of this site:

To me it looks like you are asking for trouble by setting a minimum amount of 11 post to be able to use the PM function of this forum. You basically fore people to spam to get their 11 post together.
                            I myself was screwed up by this new rule! I sent my cue to Trevor to get the shaft re-finished and when I tried to contact him after Christmas I wasn't able to use the PM simply because you disabled the function without any notification.

Comment

The minimum post limit was put in place because of PM spamming, this forum has no association with any cue makers or their business if a cue maker does not give you their email address then that is between you and them.

I have emailed Trevor and suggested a simple solution to this problem which I am willing to help with and am awaiting his reply.

The time spent answering emails in regards to people wanting to contact business owners on this forum has increased over the last few months and it is something I do not have time for, and I am not only talking about Trevor it is several members.

One simple solution is to disable the PM system for all business owners on the forum this will stop my email headache and the number of threads being started in regards to contacting business owners.

This is something that I do not want to do but it would also solve another problem that I have of people signing up to the forum just to contact a business owner.

Recently I received a email form a member complaining that they had a newsletter sent to them from the site to which they did not sign up for (As a member of this site everybody is automatically put onto our mailing list, at the bottom of every mail there is a opt out button) the member then continued to say that they only signed up for the forum to make contact with a business owner, so I deleted their membership to the newsletter and the forum as they only signed up to speak with a business owner then they had no real interest in the site. I then got another email asking why their membership had been deleted.

Now I spend a huge amount of money on this site every month and along with the team a huge amount of time making sure everything is working as it should, so tell me if I am wrong in not wanting members on the site who are not here to participate in the site, it is just a waste of my time and money.

Every decision made about how the forum works is considered very carefully and the end point is what is best for the whole community not an individual.

Comment

Working...
                              X