Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inherited Cue Collection- need help valuing

Morning all,

I have recently inherited a large number (40-50) snooker cues from my late father.

A mixture of one/two piece cues from a variety of seemingly well established cue-makers. I will get around to cataloguing them soon.

I was hoping to find a London based dealer who would be interested in coming to have a look or more broadly for anyone who would be interested or might have any advice.

please send me a message if you’re interested.

many thanks
    Jonny M

An Aladdin's Cave !!!! Sounds very interesting . Are you able to upload pictures ?

ADR147 on here is a major cue dealer but he is based up in Scotland . If you can post pics we may be able to offer you advice on a cost of each cue .

As for selling , Ebay may be an option . But that is a lot of work in uploading all that information and then you have the added grief of dealing with idiots on Ebay . Cues then getting damaged or lost in transit will be another pitfall .

Whereabouts are you based in London ? As that may assist in someone who is close to you in going in person , as I am not sure of any London based cue dealers .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Thanks for your reply and the advice Neil!

I’ll get around to posting the pictures in here soon- at least of the better cues. It’s a pretty daunting task to have to list them all and sell them individually but that might be the only way...

I am based in Richmond for anyone based in London wanting to have a look.

Comment

I am not "that" far away, I could pop over and have a look if you like

You are new so don't have PM function, you need at least 10 posts (and a bit of patience) for this function.
        I say this as it is not best practise to post your private details as Bots can capture them
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

There is always e-mail Dean

Comment

Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
            There is always e-mail Dean
            yes, that is what I include as private details, and I don't post this
            I use PM to share my email, then we can discuss
            Bots love an email

Comment

Yes i understand but...as an admin you should be able to see his e-mail of his account i assume?

Comment

I can but I don't, abuse of power unless the member says so

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  I can but I don't, abuse of power unless the member says so
                  That's wise given the newish GDPR laws (data protection stuff) some big fines possible with that.

I'm not an expert but processing personal data without consent can be an issue I believe .
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

That's wise given the newish GDPR laws (data protection stuff) some big fines possible with that.

I'm not an expert but processing personal data without consent can be an issue I believe .
                    you are correct
                    And part of the meeting Neil and I had with the owner and techies was this subject specifically, and that the techies are looking into dealing with this, so look out sometime soon for a "Data Consent"-type email to all members - don't know when precisely but hopefully soon

Comment

I think it will be in the New Year Dean , along with a few other bits
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Hi, I'm interested in buying the whole collection for cash.

You will probably need to reply or make 10 or more reply/posts on the site before I can private message you for details.

EZ
                        " It's impossible to put a price on happiness "...:-) EZ

Comment

Working...
                        X