Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with info about cue, or opinions on if it appears to be good quality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with info about cue, or opinions on if it appears to be good quality?

I tried researching this cue on google, but could not find any info about it.

https://ibb.co/c30J13K

https://ibb.co/nLhrQYK

Does anyone here know any info about this cue, or does it appear to be a good / decent quality cue?

Thanks for any opinions, or info about the cue, in the images (links above) that I added.

I have not found any mention of any Browett of any note int he publications; so I guess the name is of the owner of the cue and not a "maker" or "range" of cues.
    Not to say he was not, just that I have not found anything

The cue itself has the look of many cues that came out in the 80s, machine spliced, standard "splicing", that could have been bought from local sports shops and Argus

If it plays well for you, use it, enjoy your game.
    If it doesn't; some people use these cues as practise, for retipping or for lacquer/varnish removal, etc.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      I have not found any mention of any Browett of any note int he publications; so I guess the name is of the owner of the cue and not a "maker" or "range" of cues.
      Not to say he was not, just that I have not found anything

The cue itself has the look of many cues that came out in the 80s, machine spliced, standard "splicing", that could have been bought from local sports shops and Argus

If it plays well for you, use it, enjoy your game.
      If it doesn't; some people use these cues as practise, for retipping or for lacquer/varnish removal, etc.
      Thanks for the helpful reply. If the cue did come from a sports shop, then does that mean that it is probably of low quality? I assume that the best quality Snooker cues have been made in England (correct me if I am wrong?). I would love to find a really good quality cue. I have no idea what to look for in a good quality cue, or if these unknown vintage cues are what most good players would consider to be good quality. Does the joint pin in a cue give an indication about the quality of it? I usually just look at the woods used in the cue. I love beautiful exotic woods. Love Ebony, Burl, and Birds Eye Maple for example. The hit is really most important to me though, and I assume that a cue of low quality would not offer a very good hit. Thanks.

Comment

you could spend a fortune on a cue and get a rubbish hit, you can spend a few pounds and get a rubbish hit; and vice versa!

you would hope that a good maker knows who to find good wood and make a cue that works with that timber.

"good hit" "feel" etc are all subjective to individuals, also wood is also individual and can vary greatly even fro the same plank

England can make quality cues but so does many others, some Chinese and Thailand (and even Italy) you can get fantastic cues

All you can do is look around, try first if you can, and buy the cue YOU like the feel of when you play.
        Additional splicing - I also do like the nicely figured timbers - although they do not themselves help with how a cue plays
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          you could spend a fortune on a cue and get a rubbish hit, you can spend a few pounds and get a rubbish hit; and vice versa!

you would hope that a good maker knows who to find good wood and make a cue that works with that timber.

"good hit" "feel" etc are all subjective to individuals, also wood is also individual and can vary greatly even fro the same plank

England can make quality cues but so does many others, some Chinese and Thailand (and even Italy) you can get fantastic cues

All you can do is look around, try first if you can, and buy the cue YOU like the feel of when you play.
          Additional splicing - I also do like the nicely figured timbers - although they do not themselves help with how a cue plays
          Very good reply. Thanks for your time, and info.

Comment

Working...
          X