new cuecraft cue, tip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new cuecraft cue, tip?

Just bought a new Royal Standard, loooking at the tip it looks quite hard and a friend said that they are supplied with 'safety tips' that you have to retip as soon as you get it. Is this the case, surely it'd make sense to fit them with a decent tip while it's on the lathe?

If you know what they are fitted with then please say, before I rip off what could be a perfectly good tip.

try it first and see if you like it, post a pic and somebody might be able to tell you what tip it might be. if you like it and it plays well for you then go with it, otherwise take some gel superglue and a spare tip into your local club and replace it while your in there, or they may have somebody there who will re tip it for you for a fee.
    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Safety tip my arse. he was pulling your leg mate.

Chances are it's the most common either a blue diamond or an elkmaster. If your not happy with it change it yourself in 5 minuites such tips are about 50p each.

And if your never done so before search the forum for ADR's tip guide.

Comment

They are supplied with a really bad tip, not sure if they are safety tips or what but the place i work sells them and i retip all of them before i sell them.

The tips don't hold chalk at all and your very likely to miscue. So yeah i'd suggest re-tipping it.

Comment

Working...
        X