No announcement yet.

Robin Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today, three new Robin Cook Cue arrive. One is mine, the others for two friends.All three
    cues finish in a high standard.The first time, I go to try the cues, only one word to say
    PREFECT. I use many different cues before, this is the first time I hid the ball with Rodin's cue,thanks a lot... Robin Cook= master cuemaker[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by alex123; 17 April 2009, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Have the cue's photo in TSF Image Gallery now,don't know how to post here

Comment

hi alex....nice to hear that u recives a perfect robin cue ....post some photo to let everyone here to enjoy....

Comment

Great to hear Alex. Maybe it's just me, but I don't seem able to view your pic? Would love to see the cues.
          Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Found them. They look awesome. Do they each have different woods for the butt? Ebony, Rosewood and Bocote unless I'm mistaken? That cue with the facing splice looks really good.

Comment

I have also tried my new Robin Cooke cue. The cue feels solid and abit of give in the ash. I order mine with Alex. My cue has Rosewood bud. The quality of rosewood is excellent. I totally agree with Alex that Robin is a master cue-maker! I am very thankful to Robin for making such a nice cue for me.

Comment

Originally Posted by eaoin11 View Post
                Found them. They look awesome. Do they each have different woods for the butt? Ebony, Rosewood and Bocote unless I'm mistaken? That cue with the facing splice looks really good.
                Hi eaoin11
                The cue with the facing splice is padauk with yellow,orange,red veneers,bocote.The padauk that Robin used is nearly orange in colour,I like to drink orange juice .

Comment

Sofar I've heard nothing but good things about Robin. Pleasure to talk to, always replies to emails and messages, AND a great cue maker above all. COMMUNICATION yes. Next time I decide to get a cue, Robin will most def be on top of my list. :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by alex123 View Post
                    Hi eaoin11
                    The cue with the facing splice is padauk with yellow,orange,red veneers,bocote.The padauk that Robin used is nearly orange in colour,I like to drink orange juice .
                    Very original! So, the one on the left is ebony and the other bocote? Or am i wrong about them too? I'm not so good with timbers and thought the one on the left might be ebony or indian rosewood.

Comment

Originally Posted by eaoin11 View Post
                      Very original! So, the one on the left is ebony and the other bocote? Or am i wrong about them too? I'm not so good with timbers and thought the one on the left might be ebony or indian rosewood.
                      The top one is cocobolo,the middle is padauk with bocote facing splice,the below is rosewood (darker colour)

Comment

Have the cue's photo in TSF Image Gallery now,don't know how to post here
                        what are those things at the end of the cues?
                        You cannot improve your game if you don't have a cue and snooker table
                        BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

Originally Posted by vucko117 View Post
                          what are those things at the end of the cues?
                          Those things is use for oiling, after throw it away

Comment

The top one is cocobolo,the middle is padauk with bocote facing splice,the below is rosewood (darker colour)
                            Ok, so I was only right about the cocobolo. I thought the one on the left might be rosewood. I guess it's Indian rosewood, which is darker than other rosewoods? It looks really good. In hindsight I might've been tempted to try that instead of ebony for my cue, but it's probably a bit late now...lol.

Comment

Alex123's cues (for the benefit of anyone who cant find them in the gallery)

http://thesnookerforum.com/gallery/d....php?pos=-1230

The more of robins cues i see the more i like them to be honest. I dont really know why i prefer them over trevors etc. (of course i wouldnt mind any of the top makes but i do like robins)
                              Last edited by RGCirencester; 25 April 2009, 08:37 PM.
                              sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

I agree 100%.

The earlier posts on this thread that included pics of his work don't seem to show them anymore. I think they say "attached thumbnails" but I'm not able to see them.

Do the pics get removed after a period of time? On the Trevor white thread I can still see pics posted a long time ago.

There aren't enough pics of Robin's cues IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X