UK cue maker or Thai cue maker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    Are the old threads still on here ? Were they transferred or have we lost them. I tried searching but can't find anything, I was going to reread it all as I have six months spare
    should still be here, I found the bog wood / Air dried ash thread. You need to remember a significant bit of wording and use the search bar.
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I find it strange that threads started by people who are ignorant of the game attract so much interest as they continue to argue about something they know nothing of and the thead descends into name calling and personal abuse.
      The likes of masterblaster in all his different guises aren't missed by me, he did nothing but sprout the marketing bollocks of certain cue makers, chalk suppliers and Aramith as facts, the bloke couldn't play, didn't play and found a forum to troll on, he was an arsehole, same goes for helloMr.bigshot and all the US pool bollocks that he tried to hang onto us snooker players. like we didn't understand squirt, tip end mass, side induced throw, transfered spin etc etc. Everything he thought he knew he got from the internet, they were trolls and banned for good reason. And anyone remember nrage ? put himself up as the doyen of snooker coaching when his highest break was 26, he knew nothing that he didn't get from Terry Davidson and jumped on every coaching thread he could, unbelievable!

It's better now

Putting that aside, a well made cue can come from anywhere, there is nothing special about cues made from 200 year old sunken maple, or made on a lathe or by hand or in Thailand or anywhere else, it's down to the player who holds the thing, too many people looking for a magic bullet to make them into a decent player, it won't happen.

I look at Thai cues the way I look at globalisation in general, exploitation of natural resources and devastation of the environment by way of political corruption, using cheap labour to produce a good product for maximium profit while ignoring the needs of the labourer, paying him/her a dollar day, no union rights, living in a tin shed, deffecating in a hole in the ground round the back and throwing their garbage in the local river.
      We in the west have been through all that and fought for our rights, fought bloody hard and then gave it away under Thatcher, Blair and the EU, and globalisation only to goes to show that those rights weren't given out of kindness.
      Divide and rule, bread and circuses means we take our eye off the ball, it hasn't changed. Now, if the people who are actually making the 400 quid Thai cues are being paid 200 quid a week then I take it back, bet they're not.
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Did it turn out in the end that Splasher / master blaster was in fact originally partical physics ? You have to give him credit he knew a thing or two about decent maple
        i totally agree Vmax it's the wizard not the wand that makes the difference. My playing partners had two 147 s, I couldn't count the century breaks, with a no star woods cue.
        Last edited by itsnoteasy; 3 May 2020, 03:29 PM.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Did it turn out in the end that Splasher / master blaster was in fact originally partical physics ? You have to give him credit he knew a thing or two about decent maple
          i totally agree Vmax it's the wizard not the wand that makes the difference. My playing partners had two 147 s, I couldn't count the century breaks, with a no star woods cue.
          Particle Physics seemed a good egg to me, by admission a novice player who wanted to learn, he didn't abuse anyone on any threads that I read, don't know why he left the forum to be honest, maybe an abusive or threatening pm to someone ?
          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post

Particle Physics seemed a good egg to me, by admission a novice player who wanted to learn, he didn't abuse anyone on any threads that I read, don't know why he left the forum to be honest, maybe an abusive or threatening pm to someone ?
            I remember , it was either TW or MW threatened to sue him over something he said and he never came back on. I thought he was ok as well and was very surprised he got caught up in something.

Comment

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
              I think they have been archived, but you should be able to access them .

Hopefully Dean can assist with this
              I'm not sure what topics you were looking for but i can easily find topics started in the year 2004 and 2005

Comment

I remember , it was either TW or MW threatened to sue him over something he said and he never came back on. I thought he was ok as well and was very surprised he got caught up in something.
                IIRC it was MW (saying his sister was a barrister)
                Particle Physics dropped off TSF on his own and he did have interesting comments and I recalled a video he did once where I thought it was in fast-forward by the speed he dropped on to the shot!
                Anyone remember him saying he could screw back 16ft or something and the video showed the cue ball bouncing off the side cushion so was not a screw shot
                I do know he did come back in multiple new names and then he seemed to have changed and then got into several augments.
                PP if I recall loved Parris cues and that they were be the best in the world and would slag off any and all other makes, then through his regenerations he then hated them and slagged off JP cues. Air-dried and bog became the themes
                hilarious
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

IIRC it was MW (saying his sister was a barrister)
                  Particle Physics dropped off TSF on his own and he did have interesting comments and I recalled a video he did once where I thought it was in fast-forward by the speed he dropped on to the shot!
                  Anyone remember him saying he could screw back 16ft or something and the video showed the cue ball bouncing off the side cushion so was not a screw shot
                  I do know he did come back in multiple new names and then he seemed to have changed and then got into several augments.
                  PP if I recall loved Parris cues and that they were be the best in the world and would slag off any and all other makes, then through his regenerations he then hated them and slagged off JP cues. Air-dried and bog became the themes
                  hilarious

Sounds like a great thread

With all these regenerations he sounds like the Dr Who of the snooker forum .

Its the same in all forums , I went on a social once and when had a few beers and we all went round and stated what usernames we had on this particular forum( non snooker ) and we all had at least three different ones .

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    That was masterblaster, it looked like someone out of shot threw the cue ball back down the table I didn't know that PP was also MB and Splasher, yes he did change radically. What gets into these people to make them want to be psuedo experts on things that they don't know anything about, to jump on a forum and antagonise those that do to the point of abuse and threatened violence

Comment

That was masterblaster, it looked like someone out of shot threw the cue ball back down the table I didn't know that PP was also MB and Splasher, yes he did change radically. What gets into these people to make them want to be psuedo experts on things that they don't know anything about, to jump on a forum and antagonise those that do to the point of abuse and threatened violence
                      yep all one and the same
                      yes I remember that one where the ball came up the table out of shot (under the camera) and it come back into shot really fast! LOL
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

That was hilarious, it was his 24 foot screw shot, it went out the frame at one pace then came back in at twice the pace
                        was it during Thaigate , did he accuse MW of being one of the false makers of cues. Stupid remarks considering Mike has videos out showing him making cues from scratch.
                        Last edited by itsnoteasy; 5 May 2020, 01:46 PM.

Comment

That was hilarious, it was his 24 foot screw shot, it went out the frame at one pace then came back in at twice the pace
                          was it during Thaigate , did he accuse MW of being one of the false makers of cues. Stupid remarks considering Mike has videos out showing him making cues from scratch.
                          Maybe Neverstops secret will reveal a true 24 foot screw shot!?!?
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                          X