Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acuerate cues

alright everyone.

i was considering buying a acuerate cue. but it don't know much about them. so can anyone tell me a little bit more about them. but they do look realy nicw and solid.

cheers ned:snooker:

Use the search button entering "squirt" "aconmate" and "acuerate cue review"

Then buy a proper cue.

Comment

I think ADR147 had tried it, may be you should ask him.
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Ask Hendry , how many titles has he won since he started using one , ? at least barneveld the darts player had the sense to revert back to his original darts , when his form dipped irrespective of any lucrative sponsorship associated with the darts he was throwing . id say if Hendry started using a cue simlar to the one he used in the nineties but slightly heavier [ as you get older you need a heavier cue ] he would win again . they are thin wippy and not for me .

Comment

You need a heavier cue as you get older !!!!!!

How many L's?

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy Ards View Post
            You need a heavier cue as you get older !!!!!!

How many L's?
            I thought that was a very strange comment. Care to explain?

Comment

Sorry ill amend statement to try and explain
              . If you are somebody who uses a light snooker cue say 16/ 16.5 to say 17 , as you get older over 40 , nature does take over , your eyes are not as good, you put on a bit of weight around the middle , and your cuing does go slightly off. So by changing to a slightly heavier cue ,or amending your existing one helps with the third aspect the cuing going slightly off as the slightly increased weight helps with the delivery .

Comment

How many l's?

as in how many l's in bollocks.

Never heard such crap in my life.

Comment

Billy you are entitled to your opinion , like i am, it worked for me , and it has also been suggested to me by a well renouned coach who will remain nameless . I dont know how old you are ,but any player that is struggling with the problems i suggested ,try picking up a slightly heavier cue you will be suprised .
                  Finally i do object to an expletive being used to discribe my post .

Comment

Oh object to grown up language all you like you saft pratt.

I'm 51 way ovewiight and have this past two years needed glasses for reading. I've played snooker for donkeys years with cues under 18 ounces and last year bought a 20 oz cue. It took me perhaps 20 hours of table time to get used to it and play as well as i have with any othe cue. To read such claptap from you and no doubt some coach who like so many cant do it so they teach it that is totally unfounded with no logic whatsoever was just about the stupidist comment ever made on this board.
                    Last edited by Billy Ards; 23 January 2009, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Don't be fooled by all the crap about new 'technology' on the accuerate website. Much of what they say sounds new to the snooker world but they took that sales approach from numerous american websites that sell cues designed for 9 ball or american pool.

Look at the predator or meucchi websites and you'll see what I mean.

Not really new technology but a new sales approach for the snooker industry.

I play a bit of 9 ball in Japan and the shafts I've tried from two famous american brands (featuring 'deflection reduction') didn't throw much, but they were whippy and unresponsive when playing power shots IMO. I much prefer a solid shaft with strong taper and appropriate tip size.
                      Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy Ards View Post
                        Oh object to grown up language all you like you saft pratt.

I'm 51 way ovewiight and have this past two years needed glasses for reading. I've played snooker for donkeys years with cues under 18 ounces and last year bought a 20 oz cue. It took me perhaps 20 hours of table time to get used to it and play as well as i have with any othe cue. To read such claptap from you and no doubt some coach who like so many cant do it so they teach it that is totally unfounded with no logic whatsoever was just about the stupidist comment ever made on this board.
                        So you have confirmed my point .

YOU BOUGHT A HEAVIER CUE . GOOD GRIEF .

Comment

Working...
                        X