Advice!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice!!!!!!!

right... got a bit of a problem.. first picked up a cue 2 years ago... got myself a very nice 1 peice mastercue conseisure or h.e ya spell it!!

WITH POOL SPEC!!! ( 8mm tip )

anyway as i was only 14 and not very tall i stuck to pool simply because i couldnt reach many shots and snooker seemed 'way to hard' anyway now thet last first months started playing snooker regular getting cosistant 40-60 breaks but i was just wondering would a bigger tip improve my game at all

Another idea i had was taking a inch of the top of my cue as this would make my tip bigger with a new ferrul etc... but with me playing pool as well would that affect my pool game??

so is my best bet to go get a nice snooker cue with a bigger tip and a bit of weight or get weight added to my pool cue and get it taken down?!?!?!

thanks in adance

solo 105

match 82

still waiting for that ton!

Good tip size for pool and snooker is about 9mm, give or take 1/2 mm.

You could get the cue cut at the top of the shaft, to achieve the ferrule size, then lengthened back up to whatever you wanted. If this is done sympathetically, it shoudn't have any adverse effect on the way the cue plays.

Cheaper than buying a new cue and you should be able to use the same cue for both games.

Comment

thanks very much for the advise trev i was hoping to get a cue from you soon but its just the money problem.. cant get work because im too young!! ahaha expect a email from me soon!

solo 105

match 82

still waiting for that ton!

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
        Good tip size for pool and snooker is about 9mm, give or take 1/2 mm.

You could get the cue cut at the top of the shaft, to achieve the ferrule size, then lengthened back up to whatever you wanted. If this is done sympathetically, it shoudn't have any adverse effect on the way the cue plays.

Cheaper than buying a new cue and you should be able to use the same cue for both games.
        Trevor, Are you getting my email/PMs?
        Or is there some problem?

Ram

Comment

Working...
        X