Snooker putty between slates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jamiemca44 View Post
    Danger Steve going to take a look at it today!

Do you think it’s necessary to have it running constantly at a bit of a lower temp?
    Definitely! The last thing you want to do is heat it up then let it go cold, this will probably send the slate crackers! It’s bad enough the table being in a shed type environment. Plus if you’re going to be using the table on a daily basis then there isn’t much point in turning it low/off, the heaters will only be on longer trying to heat it back up again. I tend to leave mine on at the same temp, and only turn it down a few degree if I know I won’t be using it for 2 or 3 days or more.

Winter months are obviously worse, but what I did was lower the temp a few degrees and I bought two King size duvets that I place over the table when it’s not in use (table cover on first)! The duvets help trap the heat and keep the cloth warm so the heaters don’t have to work as hard! I would then just turn the temp up to norm before I wanted to go and have a game.

In the summer I generally have it set slightly lower anyway… and don’t bother with the duvets.

Comment

Working...
    X