Looking for info on a Burroughs and Watts table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for info on a Burroughs and Watts table

Hi. Snooker n00b here. I'm buying a home that is coming with a snooker table. This table is huge, and since I don't play, I'm probably going to try to sell it. I've scoured the webs looking for info so I know a little. I do know these are high quality tables. Current owners built the home in 1986 and it appears that a room was designed specifically for this large table. So I'm guessing he either bought it around that time, or brought it with him. That's why I assumed in the other post that it was built in the 80s, but was told that this company may have stopped constructing tables in the 1960s?

If anyone has any info on a table like this, or can point me in the right directions to find out more about it, I would greatly appreciate it. Also looking to estimate what it's value might be and advice on how to go about selling it. Are in of you in the Houston Texas area and in need of this beautiful table???

Thanks!
    David.

Edit: Well, apparently I'm not allowed to upload pics. Do I need to be here for a period of time first, or have a certain number of posts first?

Originally Posted by TX_G&P View Post
    Hi. Snooker n00b here. I'm buying a home that is coming with a snooker table. This table is huge, and since I don't play, I'm probably going to try to sell it. I've scoured the webs looking for info so I know a little. I do know these are high quality tables. Current owners built the home in 1986 and it appears that a room was designed specifically for this large table. So I'm guessing he either bought it around that time, or brought it with him. That's why I assumed in the other post that it was built in the 80s, but was told that this company may have stopped constructing tables in the 1960s?

If anyone has any info on a table like this, or can point me in the right directions to find out more about it, I would greatly appreciate it. Also looking to estimate what it's value might be and advice on how to go about selling it. Are in of you in the Houston Texas area and in need of this beautiful table???

Thanks!
    David.

Edit: Well, apparently I'm not allowed to upload pics. Do I need to be here for a period of time first, or have a certain number of posts first?
    Think it's 10 posts or so.

You could upload your pics to another site (e.g. Flickr and link from there).

Dougie.

Comment

Thanks! 10 posts isn't too bad. I'm a pretty social guy. I'll poke around and find some topics that interest me.

Comment

Peter Ainsworth is your man. If you take a picture of the maker's plate and post it on the Vintage Snooker / Billiards Facebook Group (you will need to join first) I'm sure someone could help you to date it. FB group link https://www.facebook.com/groups/4724...145/?ref=share

Comment

Originally Posted by Beertrix Potter View Post
          Peter Ainsworth is your man. If you take a picture of the maker's plate and post it on the Vintage Snooker / Billiards Facebook Group (you will need to join first) I'm sure someone could help you to date it. FB group link https://www.facebook.com/groups/4724...145/?ref=share
          Thank you!

Comment

This is the best way to load pics - no need to wait for ten posts and is better than the forums picture upload that doesn't work very well tbh.

How to add images to your TSF posts You can use a free image-sharing site such as ImgBB, without registering (you can register for free), to upload your images, you may have to do the β€œnot a robot” checks quickly. There are other image sharing sites as well.
            ImgBB.com
            Click on "Start Uploading".
            Browse to the file and select it, click Open.
            Auto delete image - leave as "Don't autodelete".
            Click "Upload".

Change "Embed Codes" to "BBCode full linked".

Hover over the code in the box, a "COPY" will appear, click this.
            Go to your TSF post and paste.
            You can repeat for multiple images in a single post.
            βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

Thank you. I will look into it. I already got some replies from the Facebook page. They are telling me the table is from the 1920s.

Comment

Working...
              X