Weird cut center pockets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird cut center pockets

I was at a club yesterday where all center pockets of ALL 9 tables are really cut weirdly, i honestly never seen them like that.
    What are your guys opinions?

Comparison
    Top is the weird cut pockets
    Center is the Rasson top tables at my club
    Bottom is my personal table.

Welcome to the land of club tables believe it or not, I've seen worse
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Undercut rubber ,the ball will track under it to effectively making a bigger pocket ,that looks rather excessive though .Match cut pockets like on your other pic don’t have any of that nonsense .some tables have big pockets but no visible under cut ,like a match pocket but bigger .Undercutting cushion rubber tends to wear the cloth on the table and cushions out a lot quicker too .

Comment

Is it the fake RASSON in your club. That is definitely not RASSON table at all.

Comment

The middle picture is Rasson at the club and yes they are genuine, club placed 10 new rasson tables at once all ordered directly from them.

But it's not the Rasson that has the weird cut pockets, the first picture, other club, no rasson there.

Comment

Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
            The middle picture is Rasson at the club and yes they are genuine, club placed 10 new rasson tables at once all ordered directly from them.

But it's not the Rasson that has the weird cut pockets, the first picture, other club, no rasson there.
            Magnum from RASSON looks really fantastic!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
              I was at a club yesterday where all center pockets of ALL 9 tables are really cut weirdly, i honestly never seen them like that. What are your guys opinions?
              As Mikee says they are undercut to make the jaws accept balls more easily, were the corner pockets the same ?
              If not it could be the case that when the centre pockets were officially 'opened up' a bit in the late 80's the club might have simply undercut the cushion rubbers rather than fit new ones in order to save a bit of money.
              Last edited by vmax; 24 April 2023, 11:07 AM.
              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Love the look of the Rasson tables .
                How do they play in your club, has any got steel blocks and heating?

Comment

I was told by a table fitter the leveling system can go wrong on the Rasson tables, I have no first hand knowledge if that's true, just wondering if the club has had any issues?
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                    As Mikee says they are undercut to make the jaws accept balls more easily, were the corner pockets the same ?
                    No, the corner pockets looked relative ok in that other club, just the center pockets on all tables were cut oddly.

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                    I was told by a table fitter the leveling system can go wrong on the Rasson tables, I have no first hand knowledge if that's true, just wondering if the club has had any issues?
                    Not really, the levelling is ok but the corner pockets are very tight, tables are very fast, Stephen lee who came by the club a while ago was very impressed with the tight pockets and fast running tables.
                    Must have cost a small fortune to buy 10 brand new at once...

Yes there is heating installed but not operational, no floor outlets and with the price of electricity nowadays best leave them off.
                    Yeah they are all steel blocks Starsky, pro tables like we see on tv.

Comment

Working...
                    X