Age and detail of Thurston full size table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age and detail of Thurston full size table

Was wondering if anyone could date the Thurston table which was an inheritance. The number on the legs and cushions is 9850. Any help would be appreciated.

Originally Posted by Tom Cullinan View Post
    Was wondering if anyone could date the Thurston table which was an inheritance. The number on the legs and cushions is 9850. Any help would be appreciated.
    Welcome to TSF Tom

Unfortunately most records of tables were lost during WWII bombing.
    Pictures can help to a certain extent.

How to add images to your TSF posts
    You can use a free image-sharing site such as ImgBB, without registering (you can register for free), to upload your images, you may have to do the “not a robot” checks quickly. There are other image sharing sites as well.
    ImgBB.com
    Click on "Start Uploading".
    Browse to the file and select it, click Open.
    Auto delete image - leave as "Don't autodelete".
    Click "Upload".

Change "Embed Codes" to "BBCode full linked".

Hover mouse over the code in the box, a "COPY" will appear, click this.
    Go to your TSF post and paste.
    You can repeat for multiple images in a single post.

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I can't pin it down to an exact date, but I would estimate 1904/1905 period. Thurston still have a number of old workbooks from this period and you should contact Peter Clare through their website at https://www.thurston.co.uk/contact/ He is usually most helpful and should be able to provide more detailed information. If he identifies an exact date, let us know.

Comment

Thank you and much appreciated. I did mail Thurston yesterday and ready have a response. Your dates are pretty close as they h are feedback it is a Thurston No.1 shipped to Johannesburg in 1903.
        Thanks for your comment and feedback.

Comment

if possible, some pictures would be great, we all love a photo or two of tables
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thank you and much appreciated. I did mail Thurston yesterday and ready have a response. Your dates are pretty close as they h are feedback it is a Thurston No.1 shipped to Johannesburg in 1903.
            Thanks for your comment and feedback.
            Did he say exactly when it was made? I'd like to update my own records.

Comment

Working...
            X