Table weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table weight

How much does a 12' table weigh? I had always been told around a ton, possibly just over. I happened to be asked this and did an online search. The site I came across said around half that amount. Frankly I don't believe that but have no evidence.

It's a shame. My table was moved in, largely, using a pallet truck. My pallet truck actually has a scale on it. So I could have weighed it all.
    王可

Riley Aristocrat is about 1250kg. Star and Rasson tournament tables are nearer 1500kg as the slate is a bit thicker.

Comment

Mine is an old one- pre war Burroughs and Watts. The legs are mahogany, a heck of a weight.
      王可

Comment

Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
        Mine is an old one- pre war Burroughs and Watts. The legs are mahogany, a heck of a weight.
        Yes so with Marks guidance, looks like you can safely say a ton to a ton and a half depending on the girth of the legs. Some Orme and Sons tables I've seen must go past 2 ton given the enormity of the leg design. So much weight in solid wood.
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I suspect you would not be able to source such mahogany, legally, these days.
          王可

Comment

Working...
          X