Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by bwls730 View Post
    Geoff,

After restretching then the ball marks and the bulk line all got dislocate slightly, 2 problems:
    1) This look ugly
    2) When trying to put the balls on the spots, the ball always have a tendency to roll into the location of the old spots

Can you please share any remedial measures that I should take? Thank you.
    the old baulk line can be rubbed with acetone on an old piece of Billiard cloth or offcutt , these will slightly eraze the line and D so that is it not so in youre face .
    You could try amd stretch with a line of string down the centre of the cloth and also across the width to try an keep the line straight .
    If the line is around 3/8ths back from where the new line is being marked , then in my opinion it is better to mark on top of the old line , i often do this but always point out that i have done it

Old spots marks

If you have been plying without the protection of stick on spots , then you will have a worn divot in the cloth where the spot used to be , if this is only around 1/4 inch away from new spot when stretched , then you will get a ball roll down the divot off it's new mark .
    NEVER for long periods play without protective ball spots , they protect the cloth from wear , just becuase they do not use them on TV tables , you think I will not have them on mine ?
    well those TV tables are recovered every three days unlike youre every two years or so with a stretch at half way stage , so those balls rolling into the old divot is only youre fault ? for not useing the proper spots .
    and yes i know balls kick off them , you can always take them off for say an important match , but replace after with new spots for normal use .

Geoff
    [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

As always completely agree with your remarks Geoff. However before reading your reply my immediate thought was the tiny amount of stretch he seems to have got out of the cloth probably indicates that it hasnt had much of a pull and he would be better to engage a craftsman fitter.

Comment

Originally Posted by franksandellsnooker View Post
        As always completely agree with your remarks Geoff. However before reading your reply my immediate thought was the tiny amount of stretch he seems to have got out of the cloth probably indicates that it hasnt had much of a pull and he would be better to engage a craftsman fitter.
        Is there ever a time when you wouldn't have been better off employing the correct craftsman?
        王可

Comment

Originally Posted by franksandellsnooker View Post
          I agree , We are never going to stop people having a go as DIY fitting , thats their call , some do it to save money , or because they would like to have ago , they will never get anywhere near a standard that a Time served Fitter could acomplish .
          I advise and point a few tips here and there but would not in detail tell anyone how to Recover or rerubber or even set a table up . it took me years to learn and would take it as an insult that poeple think they can learn the Billiard Fitting trade from the internet . or even a video .

That is why I sometimes do not answer all questions asked on this forum .
          I would not put my and others liveleyhood on the line .

I once had a job come in where an engineer had made his own table , frame cushions , and he had even floated the slates by hand to avery acurrate level ,he had assembled the frame and leveled the table , but for all his experience as an Enginner he did not put the rubber on and form the pocket openings and Recover the table , he left that to a time served fitter .
          He knew his limits and stopped at the point where he knew he was out of his depth .

Only today , I came across a table that we had to move Downstairs across three lawns to another building and set back up , the previous owner of the property had set the table up themselves , there was all sorts of wedges and cardboard between slate and bed , and although the pocket plates where bolted up , the net wire was nailed up when it should have just been on the bolt .
          And the bed cloth was stapled on

Geoff
          [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Working...
          X