No announcement yet.

Building a snooker table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=¥øüñg W!žäяð][I]Wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy a snooker table? even 2nd hand is ok. I seen full size tables in excellent condition on eBay for under £500

You're right ! but I live in France !!! Snooker is almost unknown down here !
    It's not very easy to find a second hand snooker table for the simple reason that almost nobody owns such a table ! Much easier in UK of course...

Comment

Oh yeah I didn't look where you were from. Not only that but I imagine the postage and packaging could be as much as the table

Comment

there are a few tables in France , and they will come up for sale now and again , mostly they are in Northern France where Brit ex pats have settled and taken one with them or have bitten the bullet and bought one , the last one I took over was £10.000 photo below , but that was a special oak table

But at the other end of the scale , tables have been bought work done to them and taken over and set up , providing they get good rates on the ferry , all in for £2000 to £2500 , i did one of these also from portsmouth to st malo . now £2500 is a good price fully inclusive from the Uk to france , set up and ready to play .

i have a good one on my web site in excellent condition , selling direct from the owners for offers , they are desperate to move it on as the house is sold , depending what you get it for , and I would say £350 to £500 is the sort of offer they will accept , although the table is worth £1500 as it stands with all accessories , have a look http://gclbilliards.com/blog/category/for-sale/
        it is the full size Karnhem and hillman table in fantastic condition , GCL BILLIARDS would then work out a price taking into account dismantle load , ferry , distance to travel , set up on Ground floor or upstairs ?, how long away from home , food , B&B etc .
        Building youre own table would not be the best thing to do in the long run , when this table is there to be bought at such a low costing .
        Last edited by Geoff Large; 27 January 2013, 01:58 AM.
        [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Geoff, was it here where there were photos of you putting a table in a gite in France? They had schlepped the slates upstairs by using the farm fork lift and putting them in through a space where a window was later installed?
          王可

Comment

Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
            Geoff, was it here where there were photos of you putting a table in a gite in France? They had schlepped the slates upstairs by using the farm fork lift and putting them in through a space where a window was later installed?
            sure was Phil , and if you are wondering what I am doing up late phil , I catch up on ice hockey results and games every saturday night/morning
            [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Originally Posted by brunoc View Post
              would like to paint the legs in silver like on tv but i'm not sure...
              don't do it!!

Comment

Originally Posted by steve clarke View Post
                don't do it!!
                Amen to that. Painted legs, it is said (scared of libel lawyers) are to cover up second rate timber.

If you do decide to paint gold, silver or anything else just buy a rattle can from homebase and get on with it. It couldn't be simpler.
                王可

Comment

Working...
                X