Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a snooker table

Hello,

I'm seriously (!) considering building my own snooker table, and I'm looking for plans, design ideas...
    I know there's an american book with all the necessary tips, but at $80...

Do you know if there's a website where I could find something interesting ?

Thank you !

I think he meant the book is $80.00.

If you are truly serious and want to learn how to build a table, then I think $80.00 is cheap. You could visit a table maker and he might talk to you for one hour for $80.00...

Comment

LOL!!! $80???? YOu really want to build a Snooker table for $80? The cloth alone will cost 10 times as much!!!

Ok , Maybe you can use some ordinary cloth. But you will still need the slates????

It aint a joke building a snooker table dude! That too for $80.

All I can say is good luck to you.

In case you succeed call the Guinness guys!
      Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

RaNeN you're so funny !
        Yeah, I meant the price of the book is $80 (without customer support, and $90 with customer support !!!).
        Look here : http://www.pooltableplans.com/missionsnookertable.htm

I estimate the costs around $1000 - $1500

Comment

I have had a look. It will cost you around $1300-$1700 depending on the size.
          Wish you were here in India. Would have helped you and maybe we could have played together later.

Cheers!

Comment

It would have been nice to build it together, you're right ! Not to mention it must be much cheaper to do it in India !
            By the way, I'll try to use something else than slates, because it's so expensive and hard to find... I know that nothing can match the quality of slate, but I simply can't afford it ! I want to build a 12ft table !
            I have some replacement ideas, wich could give a good playability though !

Comment

Would could you use as an alternative for slates?

Comment

I have my own snookertable since newyear...payed about 2.300€ for it,second hand but the best table there is(riley aristocrat).Building it yourself could be possible but the slates are really expensive and the weigt of my table is about 1.200 kg,all in hardwood,not easy to build...most accersoires are for sale but the price...i would search a nice second hand table like i did...
                Hellow,I'm from Belgium...:D play snooker and love to watch it on tele:p have my own table at home(riley),looking for practice mates from all over the world:eek:

Comment

Lucky guy !
                  2300€ is a price I could afford, especially for a "Riley Aristocrat" !
                  Is it the one with tight pockets (tournament size) ?

Comment

Its a 12 ft table with very tight pockets...is from a club that closed,lucky indeed hard to play on ,with a new strachan gold tournament cloth on it,would like to paint the legs in silver like on TV but I'm not sure...
                    Hellow,I'm from Belgium...:D play snooker and love to watch it on tele:p have my own table at home(riley),looking for practice mates from all over the world:eek:

Comment

MDF can be used as a cheaper alternative to a slate bed on a pool table, and its reasonable, especially as its cheap to replace.

i wouldnt use anything other than slate for a snooker table though....

Comment

Yeah, MDF or HDF would be a "good" alternative, and I think even for a snooker table (50mm) ! Of course it won't match the quality of slates, but when you consider the other factors (price, availability...), why not ?
                        I think I'll go for it ! Unless I find a good second hand table...

Comment

if you are serious about building a table there are things that you will have to remember

Average costing

Slates new £1000
                          Cushions new £500
                          Cloth for fill size table west of England 6811 (silver) £260
                          Pocket plates new about £40
                          Nets leathers ball runners £95
                          Bolts for cushions and frame aprox £50
                          Then the wood for your frame what you want to spend
                          Then your accessories

If you are going to build a table you can contact me saltiresnooker@msn.com
                          I am a table fitter and will try my best to help you any way I can

cheers marty
                          www.saltiresnooker.piczo.com

Comment

Waooh ! Thank you mate ! Ok I will contact you if I need some help !

£1000 for slates, I simply can't afford it !
                            I'll go for MDF... I don't need tournament quality, I just wanna have fun !

Comment

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy a snooker table? even 2nd hand is ok. I seen full size tables in excellent condition on eBay for under £500

Just wish I could fit a snooker table in my house

Comment

Working...
                              X