getting the club to make adjustments to our table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting the club to make adjustments to our table

Ok so im in the midst of talking the club into adjusting the table and making slight adjustments

for starters the clothe needs stretching because you can move it with your hands as your cueing but yeah..

the main thing im looking for is pocket size..im trying to get them to adjust them, they are WAY too tight...infact i dont think its the pocket thats tight, i think its the opening to the pocket thats the problem...

it is physically impossible to roll a ball along the cushion into the pocket as it hits the jaw and bounces out rather than rattling and dropping in (im not exaggerating, out of 25 attempts id be able to roll 1 or 2, and that goes for everyone, even if i roll a ball by hand so i know its 100% on target they will very rarely even look like its going down)

so its for that reason im trying to get them to adjust the table and make it regulation.. (also all corner pockets are different sizes lol)

does anyone have a template or measurements on what a table should be? if anyone has a plan i can give it in to the committee and get them to sort it!

kind regards
    what a frustrating, yet addictive game this is....

Luke:

There's a string on here where 'moglet' has attached mechanical drawings of the pocket openings, and since I used them to make up a corner pocket template of my own and then used that on my table I know they're accurate to the date he says, which is pro tables in the 2005/06 season I believe.

I also have a set of official IBSF templates, which are slightly different to the pro one but they are the only type you can purchase these days, but they cost $400 for a set, or at least that was the price when I bought mine.

Tell the owner of your club he will get a lot more business if he speeds up the tables by stretching the cloth and also has the fitter bring out the pockets to make the tables play easier. Players will go to the club where they make the most big breaks, just for the bragging rights.

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
      There's a string on here where 'moglet' has attached mechanical drawings of the pocket openings
      I think this might be the post Terry is referring to:

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...3&postcount=29

Comment

Thanks guys really appreciate it have forwarded this onto the club owner and we are getting to work straight away! Hopefullythe table should be spot on in no time and I'll be able to beat the all time highest break ever made on that table of 47 (which was me) lol the next highest has been 43 but other than that no one knocks breaks in on it lol
        what a frustrating, yet addictive game this is....

Comment

Working...
        X