Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker on 8' table (10 reds)

Hi all

I'm finally getting a snooker table for home and I'm tossing up between an 8' or 9' table. The table will be a social table when friends come around and will be used for both pool and snooker. The room is around 6m x 6.8m so will fit a 9' table across the short edge with the rest of the room having a couple of couches, tv, fridge etc.

My question is - is playing snooker with 10 reds on an 8' table ok?

My thoughts are:
    9' - snooker will be better but will take up more room and friends may struggle playing pool on a 9'
    8' - more user friendly but snooker may be a bit crowded.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Cheers,
    James

Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
    ...The room is around 6m x 6.8m so will fit a 9' table across the short edge with the rest of the room having a couple of couches, tv, fridge etc...
    Hi mate, and welcome to TSF.

Firstly, can I come around to your place to watch the ashes this winter? It sounds great!

As for your dilemma, well I'm no expert, but it's not really a technical question is it. As you say, a 9" would be better for snooker, but the question has to be, which of the two games do you think you'll play most on it? I suspect pool would be more popular with your mates over there, but then maybe you have a particular love for snooker?

I'm not helping at all, am I.

Ah well, it's a nice dilemma to have, so let us know how you decide either way.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Hi guys,

I am in the kind of same dilemma.

I am going to move in order to have a flat big enough to put a Snooker table as I'm bored of going to the club each time. It will be a table that can be covered on a dining table.

However, I won't have a big enough flat to have a full size table. And my other half would be a bit upset with this I guess ;-) She said Ok for a smaller table that can be converted in a dining table then. As well, as I want the table to be sociable, it's perfect, a smaller table with a English pool set of balls will make it.

I tink about a 8x4 ft table (perferct for pool as I think it's 7x4 table but I obviously want the snooker ratio).

I have never played snooker on a such table. I have a few questions then:

1 - Can I train on a 8ft table to improve my game on a 12ft table? I don't want this table only for fun and recreation, I want to be able to train on it.
      2 - Balls and pots are the same size as a full size table?

Cheers guys, awesome forum! Will become hopefully a productive member!

P.

Comment

Working...
      X