No announcement yet.

First post - Table Size Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again all. I'm going to go with the 9 foot. Besides the fact that it will fit better, another consideration is that some friends would no doubt rather play pool than snooker, and the 9-foot leaves that option. I'll still need a shorty cue even with the 9-foot sometimes, particularly on the baulk end.

I'm going to start another thread for the following topic, but in case someone sees it only here: anybody want to suggest a good source where I can get a good quality 9-foot table installed in Brussels?

Comment

You should find that there's still ehough room to play 15 red snooker on a 9ft table. There's a whole league full of them in Sheffield, mostly in pubs - The Sheffield 3/4 League is its name...funnily enough!

Also, if by '8 ball' you mean English pool with reds n yellows, then you'll have a great time on a nine footer.

Better to have full or fullish cueing than be cramped IMO...

I'll keep my eye out for an antique 3/4 or similar as per your other thread...If I find one and we agree a deal, I expect a Hoegaarden and to play the first frame on it with you as I love Belgium and it's beer!!!

Dave, Snookerpoolman

Comment

Thanks SPM! Very helpful advice that is just what I was looking for. Glad my 9-foot decision seems right.

By 8-ball I mean solids and stripes, numbered balls, etc. I guess it's a North American game but yes basically reds and yellows.

If you find me a table, you have a deal! (And it will be Chimay and Orval, not just Hoegaarden...)

Chris

Comment

You're Welcome!!! Where in Belgium are you?? I go to Markt Rock at Leuven every year - a beatiful town with a great atmosphere...Played at the Chaos Bar just off the Oude Markt loads of times and even did some business with the owner a few years ago.

Yes 8 ball is what we call English pool also. It really is a good game on a bigger table. I have an 8ft Orme and Sons antique table, with a mega-heavy one piece slate that's awaiting preparation and hopefully one day will take pride of place somewhere at home. I've had the wood on the cushions re-polished and it's been re-rubbered also. Going to put a real nice cloth on it when I get a minute!!

Chimay, Orval, Bruggs. Leffe Blonde or anything out of a bottle and the colder the better - cheers!

Comment

Working...
          X