Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thought a few might like a gander at this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

life

we play now using cards 2-7 and jacks as jokers depending how many are playing,pot a red pick a card and then similar to other post ,jack means pot whichever ball you want cos you cant win but you can stop everybody else

Comment

If only I had built a bigger room instead of another garage. Would have loved to have that table.
      :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Geoff Large View Post
        The buttons are normaly Ivory , when you slide the button to left or right depending which side of the score board you are , they reveal 3 lives in mother of pearl , as you lose a life you push the panel inwards to take one of the mother of pearl markers out of view .
        there is also a moveing star that sits inside of the inner part of the board this is a buy me life , on the larger boards you can have penny slots in them , one penny is put in to start the game , thats one penny per player , to buy an extra life you put a second penny in and each player has a glass slot cover to view his stake and any extra life bought , if you used all youre three lives up , you could buy the star life for an extra penny , the glass reveal show you have bought that life and if you lose this life you cannot buy another you are out of the game .
        at the end of the game the winner empties the penny slots which was alway lockable to stop cheating .
        the larger board was just a bottom section added , that had the penny slots and maybe glass cabinet for ball storage and display .
        you could also buy the double cuboard and drawer unit ( small sideboard ) that sits under the board to make it all free standing .

Look at the other thread Various antique Scoreboards to see an example of a board with the Penny slots owned by froum member 100-upper , look at the right hand lower section and yyou can see the top of the pennys showing in the glass reveals and on the second one along the second penny has been added to buy the life and is in full veiw , the bottom carved drop down door has a lock in it .

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ad.php?t=26661

some where like this with the penny slots each side of a ball storage area , others where penny slots in centre of board , flanked by a ball storage area each side .

here is a link to the rules of Life Pool circa 1876 ... I did just have a quick read and it apears only two are allowed to buy a star life in the game and only one if he is still in the game ?

http://www.snookergames.co.uk/hisgame4.html

Geoff

Thanks for that geoff, a pleasure to read once again...

Comment

does not look expensive to me - especially with ivory balls.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
          X