Quality of a Wilhelmina made in Amsterdam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality of a Wilhelmina made in Amsterdam

Can anyone tell me where Wilhelmina 6 x 12 snooker table might be in ranking of table quality.

The only site I found was a Dutch site whose English pages did not work. I am familiar with Cheviot and Gabriels and of course the British manufacturers but know nothing about Willelmina. One is for sale locally.

seb1899 My email is working again, in case you tried it. Maybe Geoff Large may know something of this table. I haven`t came accross it in my 20 years trading.

Comment

Looking at their web site

http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...%26prmd%3Divns

and you can translate it , the tables are not in veiw , but the lighting is and I am sure the lighting are chinese made ... I also have never seen one in the Uk or on my travels in europe , but have a sneaky feeling the tables will be of chinese origin .
      I am not saying 100% that they do not make tables , the only one I can find on their web site is a fold up 6ft to veiw .
      If they made tables themselves then surely they would have pictures of Full size tables on the web site and photo's of their workshops .

I do know of one uk maker who says his tables are UK made , he even posts photo's of the empty workshop showing all the wood work machines , I put the photo in my folder , then put it back up and zoomed in on the machine control panel to find .... all the instructions on the buttons was in chinese ?

that was why no people where at the machines operating them , they would clearly show chinese People working the machines .
      You have to watch out for this type of practice , and he is still operating and selling as UK made tables .

I am not saying Wihelmina tables are made in china but they could be as the web site has no photo's of manufacture , which is a must to promote youre own made tables .
      [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Know exactly who you are talking about Geoff. Sharp practice if there was ever one!. I have spoken to him on the phone several times and he is adamant they are UK made. Why trading standards haven`t stopped this I don`t know.

Comment

Working...
        X