Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the table fitters.

Can a snooker room be too bright.

I have just had 2 LS 1200 luminaire strip lights hung ready for my full size table. The lights are about 74" from the floor, it can go higher but not ceiling mounted due to a AC unit above in the ceiling itself. When strips are turned on the snooker room is so bright due to its white walls and light flooring. It should tone down however when the light hits the green baize but at the moment its mega bright.

So, is there such thing as a snooker room being too bright, should I tone down the walls with a darker paint colour, should I slide up the strips higher or am just concerned about nothing ?.
    JP Majestic
    3/4
    57"
    17oz
    9.5mm Elk

when people change from the coffin shades to the new strip lighting , they have to get used to the brightness , it could be just that , and after a couple of days or a week of play you will be used to it ...but you could if YOU think it would take the sharpness off the lighting tone down the reflection off the walls ...maybe try a pastel colour like green or magnolia / Cream .
    Refelctions off hung picture glass or windows and mirrors should also be avoided .
    the same with glass coffee tables or TV stands etc .
    Chrome or bright objects ...HAVE YOU any SNOOKLER trophies yet
    [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Thank you for the reply, Geoff.

Yes, I hope it just that I will have to get use to the strip lighting, always played at the old dark club with the coffin shades. Table delivered on the 1st now so I will see what it is like when playing with regard to any paint colour change for walls. Hahaha, just thinking, even the legs on my table are the bright silver ones. it sure going to look clinical. Another funny thing is that I have wired a light for the score board, well its not needed at all due to the mega bright LS1200's, nevermind.

Also with these lights, there will be no hiding any emotion on your face if you muck up, so it will be poker face for me (as usual ). Playing conditions should be so different, cant wait.

Haha, no, no trophies yet, Geoff. But want to reach a good standard after a long break from the game.

Thanks again.
      JP Majestic
      3/4
      57"
      17oz
      9.5mm Elk

Comment

Working...
      X