Table Lighting differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table Lighting differences

Just wanted to share with everyone, the differences between standard canopy lighting and tournament style lighting for those who might be interested in making the move.

I just fitted 3 sets of second hand lights to the tables in our club today and all I can say is, the difference is staggering. Gone are the cushion shadows, and I even found potting a lot easier to judge on angles.

Anyway, I've included some pics so you can see the difference.

IMG_3002.jpgIMG_3001.jpgIMG_3006.jpg

Impressive !!

Comment

Hi
      Right now, I am in the process of putting in a table light and was pleasantly surprised to actually see how good the Tournament style lighting is...

I am in Canada and would be very greatful if you can give more details about the lighting..Such as what tubes you are using and anything else that you might think that I should know.....

Many thanks
      Ron

Comment

Originally Posted by keyboard View Post
        Hi
        Right now, I am in the process of putting in a table light and was pleasantly surprised to actually see how good the Tournament style lighting is...

I am in Canada and would be very greatful if you can give more details about the lighting..Such as what tubes you are using and anything else that you might think that I should know.....

Many thanks
        Ron
        This may help, see http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ull-size-table Post #5

Originally Posted by Geoff Large View Post
        Denmans electrical wholesalers, sell white light fluorescent light units (high frequency) each containing 2 tubes and are 5 foot units, two of these end to end is all that is required the total length being 10 foot for two 5ft units, many having been fitted to local clubs in the midlands including Stapleford cue club and Newark cue club, both of these clubs having pro players playing on exhibition nights. Mark Selby being the latest later this month at Stapleford cue club.
        They retail at just £50 inc vat and tubes per 5ft unit so £100 per table , you may require the wire cables and fixings to hang them though .some sell these light units on ebay at £400 a pair , various makes but all are very similar , when they cost just £100 a pair.
        http://www.dextralighting.co.uk/surface click on duet down the list
        web site for branch near you http://www.denmans.co.uk/branches.html
        Just ask for high frequency modular surface lighting with white light tubes 2 x 5 ft units, the make is Dextra model is duet. Also omni and solution surface are other designs in this Dextra range that are also used for billiard table lighting hang around 5 foot from bed , if ceiling is around 5 ft attach to ceiling direct , if greater , hang from wires or chain.
        Newark cue club have all tables with this lighting , Stapleford have 3 tables with this lighting the others having the old coffin lights , and it is when you see this new lighting next to the old lighting , you notice how bright they are , the old lights being a yellow glow and long shadows at the side of the balls , with the new lighting , shadows are eliminated to just under the ball and only protrude slightly to one side , it is hard to explain without a demonstration , but get them fitted and you will see the difference.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
        X