Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much will it cost me to buy a Snooker Table in USA ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much will it cost me to buy a Snooker Table in USA ?

Hello all

Can any one please tell me how much it will cost me to buy and install a full size snooker table in Michigan USA.

I live in east london but will have to move to USA so will need my own table as there arent many snooker clubs out there in USA.

So i need to know the cost of getting my own snooker table.

Thanks

depends on make and condition of table,but something quite decent would be about £5,000

Comment

You are right, there probably aren't many tables in Michigan. Have you looked at http://www.findsnooker.com/Michigan.html? Seems to be a fairly updated resource. Also, keep posting on this forum and finding members. I don't know if there a location finder on TSF, but you might be able to find some more Americans here. Maybe ferret would know.

Your best bet is to find a table online via classifieds, arrange to inspect or have it shipped to you, and then find the cloth and a table fitter. There are probably plenty of pool tables in Michigan, so finding a table fitter shouldn't be a major issue but you should ask around and maybe visit a few pool clubs first to see who everyone recommends. See more on cloth at http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...-Snooker-Table.

When it comes to finding a table, getting one shipped from UK is going to be very expensive obviously, so finding one on this side of the pond is preferred. In Western Canada, craigslist.ca and kijiji.ca are two very popular online classifieds for finding bargains.
      Also use crazedlist.org (firefox only) and allofcraigs.com to search all the craigslist cities at once. I see snooker tables listed all the time from reputable homes and once in a while, they go pretty cheap. It's not uncommon to see a snooker table go for under $1000 in this part of town. There is the occasional B&W table around too if you prefer that. if you ever get the chance to pickup a BCE Westbury cheap, get it. It's an absolute fantastic playing table and is the one I grew up on over many years. I think it plays miles better than any Riley I ever tried.

By the way, table fitters have caught on to people giving away snooker tables for next to nothing so have become quite sharp with craiglist and classifieds. It's possible you may also find a snooker table from a local fitter or billiard room in which case, yes it could run up to some few thousand US to purchase and have installed and fitted wherever you will be.

Paul180 saying it would cost £5,000 I think is wrong. If you can pickup a used table cheap, and have it fitted and setup, it should be under 3000 usd. If you are buying new, then yes, expect to spend a lot more. Personally, I would take a used 3" slate B&W over any brand new table.

Terry is actually quite far from me. I'm in Western Canada, he is in the East, North of Michigan and much closer.
      Last edited by thelongbomber; 24 April 2012, 06:32 PM.
      Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
      My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Hi Shaun,

You are in luck! Snooker tables (English billiard tables 6x12 step rubber cushions 2-1/16 balls) are widely available in Canada, just across the border from Michigan. American Snooker tables (5x10 K66 "pool table" cushions, 2-1/8 balls) are not worth the trouble to chalk up. They play very sluggishly due to the ball/cushion configuration. Feel free to message me and I can put you in touch with top-notch Canadian fitters as well as reputable table suppliers. Best of luck with your relocation.

williak

Comment

Originally Posted by shaun View Post
          Hello all

Can any one please tell me how much it will cost me to buy and install a full size snooker table in Michigan USA.

I live in east london but will have to move to USA so will need my own table as there arent many snooker clubs out there in USA.

So i need to know the cost of getting my own snooker table.

Thanks
          Hi,

If you would like to contact me directly I will be able to provide you with a cost!

Comment

here you go Shaun, "just" across the border from you and at "half" the valuation, a steal I think
            http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...f-A-Kind-Table

got to be quick though, only 10 days to go!
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by thelongbomber View Post

Paul180 saying it would cost £5,000 I think is wrong. If you can pickup a used table cheap, and have it fitted and setup, it should be under 3000 usd. If you are buying new, then yes, expect to spend a lot more. Personally, I would take a used 3" slate B&W over any brand new table.
              Thank you very much indeed Longbomber, my budget is 2000 pound, which is about 3000 US/Canadian dollars, and all i want is a used full size snooker table, just to keep up the potting, do you think i will get a second hand full size one within this budget?

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                here you go Shaun, "just" across the border from you and at "half" the valuation, a steal I think
                http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...f-A-Kind-Table

got to be quick though, only 10 days to go!
                If i wanted to spend $60000 on any antique item i would rather buy Merylin Monro's knickers, well if she had any, and if they were on auction.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sales & WSS View Post
                  Hi,

If you would like to contact me directly I will be able to provide you with a cost!
                  wanted to drop you a mail here in snookerfourm, but the website wouldnt let me e mail you as you are a new member, could you please reply to my post with your e mail or phone number so that i can contact you directly.
                  Cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X