One Of A Kind Table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Of A Kind Table

I have not had much time for lurking let alone posting to the forum, but thought I would share this. It is an award winning table by a Canadian company called Samuel May. I had the pleasure of playing on this table years ago in Toronto. The Academy of Spherical Arts had it as their main table for a few years. I have included a picture of it, along with an attachment to the listing on Ebay.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1890-SAMUEL-...#ht_500wt_1287

A very interesting table , much like in design to orme and sons of Manchester and George Wright of London who made a few tables which where very highly carved such as this and also exhibited in many shows around the world Paris and Sydney to name just two events .
    [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

I must admit, I'm not too keen on these kind of tables. I prefer the more plainly designed tables or the more modern ones you see on TV with the silver or gold coloured legs.

Comment

Originally Posted by NorthWestJunior View Post
        I must admit, I'm not too keen on these kind of tables. I prefer the more plainly designed tables or the more modern ones you see on TV with the silver or gold coloured legs.
        I know what you mean, but if someone gave me one for free...
        I would still have natural wood legs not sure of those silver "painted" legs "as seen on TV".
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Painted legs are just an excuse for using lower grade wood. If they french polished them you would see what junk they are. Not that makes any difference to how the table plays of course.

Those ornately carved tables don't do much for me either. I like a fairly austere design which is why I went for the square legged B & W.
          王可

Comment

Working...
          X