Looking For a New Cloth and G1 Balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For a New Cloth and G1 Balls

It's coming up time when my table needs a new cloth and also I need a new set of balls as my set are getting pretty banged up, especially the cueball.

This time I would like to try the Hainsworth Match cloth but if I can't get that then I will go with the #10 cloth, which I have installed now and it's lasted pretty good although I need to stretch it now.

Does anyone know of a wholesale or retail outlet where I can get new cloths and balls? I've looked on eBay and I can find Hainsworth cloths but couldn't find anything but slightly used #10 (which is what I bought last time).

I would appreciate any help someone can offer

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Looking For a New Cloth and G1 Balls

I sold a set of g1 balls not long a go think u can get them for 180 new

Comment

Terry, if you haven`t fitted No 10 from scratch, heed Geoff`s advice. Its a whole different ball game fitting a used No 10 cloth as opposed to a new one. You can end up in all sorts of bother. Apparently the Hainsworth is much easier to fit, a bit more like `6811` as far as ease of fitting goes.

Comment

try ringing peradon (clairs) in liverpool i bet they have both or will give you contacts to get them.

Comment

Peradon are trade only. They only supply Strachan cloth.

Comment

OK, I contacted Hansworth directly and they gave me a decent price just below 250GBP + 55GBP shipping for their MATCH cloth and I see the G1 balls are on John Parrot's site for around 190GBP + shipping. I sort of wanted to get them from one supplier and pay one shipping cost and hopefully get them to undervalue for custom's duty as I pay around 25% duty and taxes. So around 500 quid to the seller and another 125quid to the effing government.

I also found out the comments regarding the used #10 cloths from Geoff and others are absolutely true. The fitter had a difficult time when he originally fitted the cloth and had to use a pair of vice grips with flat steel bits welded on in order to get a grip on the cloth because of course it was trimmed by the original fitter. I also couldn't remove the old white baulkline and 'D', even using acetone with a Q-tip.

I just tried stretching it and gave up as I couldn't get a grip on the cloth at all and I didn't have those special vice grips. In the end I got maybe 1" stretch at the top end of the table which fortunately was enough to move the old black spot pit down about one inch as I was getting kicks off the spot all the time even though I had covered it with a small spot. That was so difficult I gave up on the rest of the table.

Does anyone know of a wholesale or retail outlet which would sell both Hainsworth Match cloth and also G! balls? I'd like to get the cloth as soon as possible since it's my off-season now and I want to get this used #10 off my table. I may go separately if I have to and hope I can get the duty price down.

Terry
            Terry Davidson

Comment

terry call stephane in mtl he has a set of 1g balls for sale
              i'm sure unbeatable price
              rod

Comment

could you get 1 supplier to receive one of the items (either balls or cloth) and post their item with the received item to create a overseas parcel. if possible may be cheaper than having 2 overseas parcels
                Always looking to improve.

Comment

Bit late in life for a new set of balls LOL.

Comment

Rod:

Thanks for the info, I'll give Stephane a call today. I see he opens at noon during the summer.

GrimReaper:

Hey, I still use them from time to time and a new set would be shiny and new and look good.

terry
                    Terry Davidson

Comment

John Parrott Cue Sports seem to be very good. Ordered a few things off them and seem reliable..
                      JP Majestic
                      3/4
                      57"
                      17oz
                      9.5mm Elk

Comment

try calling http://www.world-snooker.co.uk/ im sure they can help.
                        Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Originally Posted by Deepscrew View Post
                          try calling http://www.world-snooker.co.uk/ im sure they can help.
                          I was going to suggest WSS as I purchased my table and 1g balls from them. The balls were very slightly used from the Welsh Open, which I found quite cool.. In September they are coming to stretch or maybe re cloth my Star if I wish. Find the guy called Howard very helpful. Maybe Terry should give him a call and although the Strachan 10 and balls are not on the site, he sure can supply anything..
                          JP Majestic
                          3/4
                          57"
                          17oz
                          9.5mm Elk

Comment

I had Hainsworth Club Cloth installed last October great cloth. I think I would go to the Smart Cloth next time
                            I am finding as I block my table and keep it ironed once a week it is getting faster. Getting ready to install new runner next, going with Northern Championship. Anyone else have Northern Rubber installed?
                            " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
                            " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
                            http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

Working...
                            X