Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storing Slates

Hi,

I promised myself i wouldnt look for a table until the room was ready but a couple of oppertunities have arisen which may be too good to turn down. Anyway this would require storing the table for a while which would be at a storage facility so not temperature controlled. My question is, is there a preferred way to store the slates i.e. on end or flat, should they be sealed in a bag with silca gel??

Spike

Standing up on the short side. Face to face or back to back. I use a couple of pieces of wood to keep them of floor.

Comment

Yes, definitely on edge. Keep them away from frost.
      王可

Comment

upright like a door , back edge facing backwards to avoid shaling the face of the slate , tempreture wise , as long as no frost can get at them or fire they should be ok . try and keep them in order , for example as they come off the table number them 12345 , store them in one pack upright either 12345 or 54321 . never pack them so that they go 32541 or any combination like that as the fitter will moan when he has to start moving slates around twice to put them on the table .
        try and buy a table that is allready up and running , as you can try the table out for cushion bounce , and slate trueness , roll a ball down each aide , watch for rolling in towards the centre on each side , if this happens the slates are warped or are sagging , look under the table to see if the muntings are supporting the centre of the slate , or if there is a gap , fitting adjustable munting brackets will help rectify any sagging slates .
        [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Thank you for your replies, i have managed to hold off so far

Comment

Working...
          X