1898 Brunswick Pfister 5x10 Snooker Table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1898 Brunswick Pfister 5x10 Snooker Table

My Rare Table I Bought this table last October. This table was a special order in 1898 with 1-1/2" Slate which came with the six legs and 4 pieces of slate. It was donated 60 years ago to the Shrine Club in St.Thomas, Ontario Canada and then a lawyer bought the table from the club 30 years ago. This table is like new and has never been touched, all I did was bring it home rub it down with some Tung Oil and polish it. I had new Hainsworth Club cloth installed at that point. Still has the original mesh pockets on it.
    " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
    " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
    http://www.ontariosnooker.club

A very nice looking table that is hope you get a lot of joy out of it.

Comment

Beautiful bit of wood there.

Why not spray paint it a bright gold colour?
      王可

Comment

Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
        Beautiful bit of wood there.

Why not spray paint it a bright gold colour?
        Hi Philip - I think the humour you intended with your last comment did not come across every well !
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Hi lesedwards
          Welcome to TSF and what a stunning table.
          The only comment I would say would be to remove those huge ugly stickers from the cloth.
          There was a thread recently about stickers and someone said that they get those small stationary stickers in green so they protect the cloth at the spot but do not stand out.
          Personally I don't like stickers at all as they can promote jumps and run-offs with the balls, but if you must then the smallest inconspicuous ones the better

Comment

Hi Dean you are right in regards to the stickers. These photos where taken right after it was setup, I was not long getting good rid of them and installing small black ones but then I bought The Snooker Gym and ran into a practice where I was running soft blue shots from side to side very and noticed the cue ball rolling off when it went over the spot so I took them off and used a 1/2" washer and marked the inside of it. Looks much better.
            Question to anyone. Going to have new rubber put on thinking the Northern Championship look forward to your replies. How many bounces should I get with new rubber?

Comment

love the use of a washer as a template, will have to remember that one
              So glad you removed the stickers, the table looks fantastic.
              I wonder if Brunswick did a 12ft version?
              about the bounces, etc. - hopefully a table fitter will pop on soon.
              cheers

Comment

Sorry if the humour didn't come over. It is lovely wood. The suggestion of spraying it gold was an attempt to be funny.
                王可

Comment

Without a doubt Northern Rubber is the best you can buy. I have it on my 12ft table and can get 5 lengths although my cloth is a little slower these days.

Terry
                  Terry Davidson
                  IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

What a stunning table . Really like the shape to the legs .
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                      Without a doubt Northern Rubber is the best you can buy. I have it on my 12ft table and can get 5 lengths although my cloth is a little slower these days.

Terry
                      Hi Terry, I got a quote from All Pro Billiards out of London to do my cushions the first week of April. I have the Hainsworth Club on my Table which I brush, block and iron weekly so it plays pretty fast but cushions do not have the bounce I want. I know they are at least 30 years old but I still get 4 cushions from end to end and 4-1/2 side to side.

Comment

looks like room for a full size there

Comment

Cracking looking table you've got there..... Hours of enjoyment imminent!!
                          Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                          Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Thanks, I use it daily. Today I spent some time and brushed, blocked and ironed it. Then I rubbed all the wood work down with tung oil and buffed it. The wood work is amazing.

Comment

Les:

You might have gotten a better quote from Odie Willet out of Dundas. He does tables with Pat McCarthy and also buys and sells used tables. If you ever decide to replace your 10ft with a 12ft that might be the way to go.

By the way, the Canadian snooker website is 'snookerline(dot)com'.

Terry
                              Terry Davidson
                              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Working...
                              X