No announcement yet.

Can anybody put a name on this table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So do u all think its a aristocrat table?

Comment

Can anybody put a name on this table

Definitely an Aristocrate
      just banter about terms of description
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Could be a Darlington Billiard Co table.Similar style.

Comment

Originally Posted by maryfield View Post
          Could be a Darlington Billiard Co table.Similar style.
          ahhhhh.....
          :biggrin:

My view is that Riley sold their tables to others and made them for others to rebadge, as mentioned previously a badge is not definitive but can be indicative

Comment

I didn't know that. For whom did they manufacture?
            王可

Comment

I should have said, this is my view, nothing definitive but from some research I have many makers or a retailers name associated with a table and it is clearly the same as a Riley, or a Thurston, or a B&W model.
              Retailers, understandable but I do think these makers did "sub-contracted" for some other names that possible could not continue making themselves.

Of course, there is the situation seen many times where another maker has updated a table with, say, their cushions/pockets, and changes the plates. This was quite common, but the first scenario above I think also happened.

Comment

Originally Posted by Geoff Large View Post
                Turned bulbous fluted leg = Aristocrat
                there are some lovely legs around, turned and then calved into. how much does that effect the value geoff, ornate legs means higher end table?

Comment

The design you see on the Aristocrat are not as elaborate as most, quite plain in comparison (still possibly my fav though ) and I would not say the Aristocrat was a high end, more mid-level.
                  There are some legs that are works-of-art and would have been high end table but leg design does not necessarily indicate "level".

To confuse the thread a bit, it was possible to order an Aristocrat table with a turned straight-taper leg with no fluting or embellishments at all (very 70s).
                  Last edited by DeanH; 7 December 2016, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Mine has very austere square legs, but those suit my taste. De gustibus, non disputandum.
                    王可

Comment

Pretty sure they didn't. Hence the explosion of new companies in the 80's which were needed to keep pace with demand. Some real poor quality tables from this period.

Comment

There certainly were. Of course at the prices at which some of them were churned out they couldn't have been any better.
                        王可

Comment

Working...
                        X