Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do most of you keep your fullsize table?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do most of you keep your fullsize table?

I've noticed that lots of you are lucky enough to own a full size table. Where do you keep it? Unless you're all lucky enough to own massive houses (or at least an ordinary house with a basement or large loft conversion), did you build a wooden 'shed' in your garden and keep it there? I've been thinking of doing that with my 6ft one, but the problem would be heating; it would be too cold and would damage the table. You can't just leave a heater on all the time as that would be a fire risk, wouldn't it. Or maybe some of you have an annex?

I don't know, maybe the forum is full of rich people who do own massive houses?
    Mobo: GA-P35-S3
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 2Ghz
    GPU: ATI EAH4850 512mb DDR3
    RAM: Kingston 2.Gb 240pin DDR2 PC667Mhz PC5300
    Sound: Audigy 4

Originally Posted by DavisFan76 View Post
    I've noticed that lots of you are lucky enough to own a full size table. Where do you keep it? Unless you're all lucky enough to own massive houses (or at least an ordinary house with a basement or large loft conversion), did you build a wooden 'shed' in your garden and keep it there? I've been thinking of doing that with my 6ft one, but the problem would be heating; it would be too cold and would damage the table. You can't just leave a heater on all the time as that would be a fire risk, wouldn't it. Or maybe some of you have an annex?

I don't know, maybe the forum is full of rich people who do own massive houses?
    Mines in my warehouse, bit cold at the moment, can only manage about 5 frames a day :snooker:

Comment

mine was in a room in my house about 25f square until i sold the house about 14 months ago

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
        mine was in a room in my house about 25f square until i sold the house about 14 months ago
        Lucky you to have such a room that you can use just for snooker! No such room in my house, unfortunately. Do you not have a table anymore then?

Comment

i realy didnt play on it that much rather go to the club so sold the table to geoff horsefield prem footballer then later that year sold the house 2007

Comment

I converted our double garage (24ft x 20ft)/ workshop (13ft x10ft) into a snooker room I had the ceiling lined and insulated and put a dummy wall across the 2 roller doors so if I do sell the new owners can convert it back, our cars obviously stay out side. We live on a dirt road so putting cars in garages to keep the dust off is pointless.

Comment

Mine is at my dads office/warehouse it gets REALLY cold there sometimes.

will that effect my table in anyway?
              ~*Simply the best*~

Comment

I keep mine in the snooker room upstairs in my house.
                Seemed like a nice place to put it.

Comment

You guys are so lucky who have room for full sized snooker tables.

Comment

Originally Posted by Billyboy View Post
                    You guys are so lucky who have room for full sized snooker tables.
                    The luck you suggest can be a double edged sword, my first desire was to have a table at home, the second to have a very good table at home and the third to wish I hadn't bothered in the first place. But still, I wouldn't change things now, at least I have acqiured some insight into the state of the game despite my lack of playing ability.
                    Last edited by moglet; 20 January 2009, 10:15 PM. Reason: Rephrased

Comment

I have a pool table at home but its no where near as good as snooker

Comment

Originally Posted by mmirza16993 View Post
                        Mine is at my dads office/warehouse it gets REALLY cold there sometimes.

will that effect my table in anyway?
                        I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure keeping the table in a location that gets very cold is not good for it.

Originally Posted by moglet View Post
                        The luck you suggest can be a double edged sword, my first desire was to have a table at home, the second to have a very good table at home and the third to wish I hadn't bothered in the first place. But still, I wouldn't change things now, at least I have acqiured some insight into the state of the game despite my lack of playing ability.
                        Why was that, then? Why did you wish you'd never bothered?

Comment

i keep mine in my hotel.
                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I converted my double garage last month. A few tight shots each frame require a shorter cue but definately still worth it for a lads retreat! I'm still crap mind - but keen to get better.

Comment

I have just put a table in my garage without any heating but as long as you put under table heating ( tubular heaters ) that will keep the table free from damp, and a couple of shop heaters for when you want to play just to take the chill away

Comment

Working...
                              X