Breaking barriers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking barriers

hi everyone, just thought id share my experiece, if anyone else has had the same problem and got over it i would be grateful if you could tell me please.
    I cant seem to make my first hundred in matchplay, i can consistantly make 60+ breaks, and people keep telling me it will just come, but i cant see how
    would appreciate anyone help
    cheers
    james
    theres only 1 watford gap in my eyes !!!

If you practice regularly you will probably find you will make 100's in practice and as they become more common you wont think of the match 100 as such a big deal. I was good enough to make a 100 for a few years but made a few 90's and had some bad luck and bad misses before eventually getting my first century. I NEVER doubted it would come but I knew that it was only the psychology of it that was stopping me. You need to learn to act as if the 100 means nothing (in reality it is only a number anyway) and just aim to clear the table at every chance. One of these times there will be 10 reds on and you will clear the table and find you have made your century. Like I said keep practising things like the line up so that you keep making them in practice to give you the confidence. Remember you will play thousands of frames in your life so stop worrying, relax and concentrate on each ball without thinking ahead to any barriers.

Hope that helps and stay confident.
    coaching is not just for the pros
    www.121snookercoaching.com

Comment

Working...
    X