holiday or practice???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• holiday or practice???

i ve a really important tournament coming up from the 12th,im playing the best snooker i have ever played and the repair work of the tables at my club started yesterday,and will take another 6-7 days for completion,there are no decent tables at clubs anywhere nearby,what do you suggest, do i take the week off and go on a holiday or go practice on a crappy table with old cloth and very old balls? im just afraid that i might go out of form.
    RIP NOEL, A TRUE TSF LEGEND.

well...I'd practice wherever and however I could if I was you. If the cloth and the balls are old..it still should be fine for practising some straight and angled shots

Comment

I've been reading your threads, you seem to be a very good player from what you've written to this point!

Take a week off training! Anybody who can get maximums, can take a week off without it devastating thier game!
      Quote : It took me eight hours a day for 16 years to become an overnight sensation! Cliff Thorburn

Comment

Originally Posted by Strickimicki View Post
        I've been reading your threads, you seem to be a very good player from what you've written to this point!

Take a week off training! Anybody who can get maximums, can take a week off without it devastating thier game!
        thants what i was thinking too,i will probably get 4-5 days on the new table before i head for the tournament so i think those 5 days should be good enough to get back the flow.

Comment

oh so you will have a few days to practice? ok that's great. Well that's perfect. A few days off should increase your motivation and maybe it will do a lot of good for you instead of constantly pushing yourself hard every day

Comment

man ive worked so hard the past few months i hope it pays off,but my actual short term is to win the national championship which is in september,im giving in 10 hrs a day.

Comment

Don't bother playing with inferior balls / cloths / cushions.

The game you play on there has no bearing whatsoever to your normal conditions...

Comment

Originally Posted by GOMH71 View Post
                Don't bother playing with inferior balls / cloths / cushions.

The game you play on there has no bearing whatsoever to your normal conditions...

Couldn't agree more with the comment above, stay away for a few days.

The break could do you a bit of good and it's certainly not going to ruin your ability or experience is it.

I think it's important to play enough, but maybe equally important not to overplay. It's incredible what you can "leave on the practise table", ending up a bit short of sharpness when you really need it.

Mental freshness is arguably as crucial as technical familiarity.

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
                  Couldn't agree more with the comment above, stay away for a few days.

The break could do you a bit of good and it's certainly not going to ruin your ability or experience is it.

I think it's important to play enough, but maybe equally important not to overplay. It's incredible what you can "leave on the practise table", ending up a bit short of sharpness when you really need it.

Mental freshness is arguably as crucial as technical familiarity.
                  thanks trev appreciate it

Comment

Dont Over do things take a break a week isnt Long come back feeling Fresh ready to take the challange on and more importantly...

WIN FOR TSF

Comment

Originally Posted by wildJONESEYE View Post
                      Dont Over do things take a break a week isnt Long come back feeling Fresh ready to take the challange on and more importantly...

WIN FOR TSF
                      i'll give it my best shot mate

Comment

Working...
                      X