Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse side

Quick question.

straight-ish black off the spot. (from the left side of the table, in line with the green spot) A red just about near the pink spot. To achieve good position, I use bottom left to spin the cueball right off the cushion for this red yeh...?

Now, the white on the other side of the table, but again, a straight-ish black and the red in the same place. what side do I use to get on the red, do i use the opposite & bottom right? :S

Thanks!

in a nutshell, yeah. lol thats bottom right.
    Crucible77's Bahrain Championship Fantasy Game Winner 2008 :snooker:

HB practice: 112
    HB match: 81

Comment

Just checking, lol

Thanks

Comment

absolutely~!

Comment

I personally have never understood why it's called *reverse* side ... it seems to me that if you hit the ball on the right hand side say, it will bounce of the cushion to the right whether the cue ball is going forwards or backwards ... something to do with the conservation of momentum I guess whether linear (in a straight line) or angular as in this case ...

so right hand side does not become the reverse (ie left hand side) just because you also screw the white backwards ... the cue ball is still spinning anti-clockwise in this example ...

guess we'd all better be glad Newton, Einstein, Poincare etc didn't play snooker

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
            I personally have never understood why it's called *reverse* side ... it seems to me that if you hit the ball on the right hand side say, it will bounce of the cushion to the right whether the cue ball is going forwards or backwards ...
            If you hit the ball on the right hand side and it's going backwards, it will bounce to the left not the right!

That's why it's called reverse side. When the cue ball is travelling backwards the side acts in reverse to when travelling forwards.

Comment

Actually the ball is rolling forwards on it's way back to the cushion and turning to the left (looking at it from the black spot).

Which in turn makes the wished for wider angle after hitting the cushion (side)!
              Quote : It took me eight hours a day for 16 years to become an overnight sensation! Cliff Thorburn

Comment

Originally Posted by checkSide View Post
                If you hit the ball on the right hand side and it's going backwards, it will bounce to the left not the right!

That's why it's called reverse side. When the cue ball is travelling backwards the side acts in reverse to when travelling forwards.
                OK, I think we are all agreeing ...

Say you hit the white from the brown spot over the yellow spot with right hand side, it will spin off the cushion towards the baulk cushion ... now screw the white back from the brown on it's spot over the green spot with right hand side, when it hits the cushion it will spin towards the black end of the table ...

So I can see why everyone calls it reverse side cos the white has gone to the right in the first case and the left in the second from the viewer's point of view ...

But I still consider it normal side cos the cue ball has done exactly the same in both cases - it's gone to the right when it hit the cushion from it's point of view (ie direction of travel) ...

Guess I must have led a twisted life lol ...

Comment

Totally correct!
                  Quote : It took me eight hours a day for 16 years to become an overnight sensation! Cliff Thorburn

Comment

I see what you mean now Dandy.

Comment

This is simple if you understand it. Screwing back off the cushion, use the opposite side, so from a straight black to top pocket, from green side of table, screw the white with left hand side and it will spin up the table. Do the opposite from the other side, with right hand side.

Comment

Working...
                      X