No announcement yet.

Practise routines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in Loughborough, Leicestershire. I'd imagine you're better than me, if not you soon will be! I'm only managing around 3-4 hours a week at the moment... Depends how University is (I commute to Uni daily)... If I've got alot of work on (Next week especially :/ ) it'll probably be less. I'm hoping during summer when all I've got to worry about is a job (Not taking any work home!) I'll get much much more time

Comment

i hope so! if i keep it up this amount of time ill let you know how im gettin on

Comment

I have spent a day with Nic Barrow, exchanged loads of emails with him, and even been to his flat!
        I assure you, he's a sound guy.

I understand your point Lava, his website can give that impression. However, I think it is more to do with the fact he a "one man band". A single businessman who's livelihood is based on sales generated via the snookergym.

I am also self employed, so I understand where he's coming from in terms of making a living for yourself.

Once again, I can assure you he is genuine guy, and extremely passionate about snooker!

Comment

Originally Posted by cm59 View Post
          hi im around your level i think i have your problem too tried the line up and others suggested but just seem too hard if your ok playing top stun and screw with the blue in the middle pocket as i am now just break the reds up put the colours back on thieir spots and just see the highest break you can do routines are good but the prob is for me i pot the first leave myself in a bad position then have to set up again the only one i am doin apart from free play as i said is potting the black re spotting it potting again etc

i think practising from breaking off and then just trying to play in a match isn't a great way until you're a lot better.

The way ive been practising is just to have the black on it's spot, and 4 reds in a line up to the blue spot, then just practice red, black, red black etc

There's no point having all the other balls on the table because you can get lucky on a colour and it stops you having to control the white to go where you need it to, instead you're just compromising and going for something you didnt aim for.

Comment

yeah your right mate im gonna try that one four reds anda black cuz when i do a practice frame its like you said i do try to playfor position on a particular colour and sometimes i get it but other times i fall on a diff one and pot that which isnt really helping me position better

Comment

one of the best 'routines' you could do is physically to go and watch the pro's in a tournament if you can, particularly players like Hendry, Ronnie etc look and absorb how they seem to be able to use pure timing and not brute strength to move the white around (of course they usually play on wonderful cloths)
              Notice how they break build for example. See how 'solid' they appear at the table in comparison with for example top class golfers who all seem to have a very stable appearance.

As to a table routine, pot pot pot and pot again, particularly the bread and butter shots, 3/4 ball blacks, pinks into middle bag, half ball blues cut into the middle bag, do your line ups putting all 15 reds between the black cushion and the blue spot, use nice little stun and steady run through shots to keep perfect position going.
              Cheers bbg

Comment

Working...
              X