Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the best way to find cueball centre ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by vmax View Post

If the tip of your cue was 2 & 1/16 inches in diameter and flat then that pin head dot dead centre of the cue ball would be impossible to miss, or now am I being equally daft ?
    No, point taken obvs about cueing on the right line as well. Also you can cue on the line correctly but not have a parallel cue, so a slight downward strike can make a difference on a slightly off centre hit.
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

If the tip of your cue was 2 & 1/16 inches in diameter and flat then that pin head dot dead centre of the cue ball would be impossible to miss, or now am I being equally daft ?
      Move your tip 1&2/16 to either side and you'll miss centre.
      Just joining in
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Thank you everyone

yesterday once again i booked a coach. had a full day coaching session and he said i dont miss because of the sides, because when i play long blue and put the cueball near the yellow spot on the baulk line i miss them blues to the left of pocket. and when i put the cueball towards green spot and play the long blues , i miss to the right of the pocket.

coach said if it was siding issue then i would have missed the blues to the same side.

unfortunately after 5 hours , he could not find a solution or could not detect anything, pitty i had to pay $50 /hour

i will share more details, later on the new post (last few days i have recorded my self and i will create a new post and will share the videos there)

thank you

Comment

Coach seems bloody useless to me, five hours and couldn't work out your cue action, what a dope.
          He should have been looking at your line of aim set up, how you deliver the cue by watching your grip hand and butt of the cue from behind, the tip and shaft from the front, how everything aligns and moves along some straight lines on the table using masking tape and also what you were looking at during all stages of the shot making process.
          Five hours is long enough to do this, just where do these charlatans get their diplomas from, if they have one that is and even that doesn't mean anything.
          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

That's ridiculous, if a coach has no idea after 3 hours he shouldn't charge for the other 2!!
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by lahore View Post
              Thank you everyone

yesterday once again i booked a coach. had a full day coaching session and he said i dont miss because of the sides, because when i play long blue and put the cueball near the yellow spot on the baulk line i miss them blues to the left of pocket. and when i put the cueball towards green spot and play the long blues , i miss to the right of the pocket.

coach said if it was siding issue then i would have missed the blues to the same side.

unfortunately after 5 hours , he could not find a solution or could not detect anything, pitty i had to pay $50 /hour

i will share more details, later on the new post (last few days i have recorded my self and i will create a new post and will share the videos there)

thank you
              Three or four shots would be all it takes to see if your putting side on the ball.
              Address position would be a start if that's fine just watch where your striking on the cue ball, check it by playing up and down the spots at a decent pace. That would take about five minutes at most.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

yplease read it first to get an idea of what i am going through, "from a very serious player" - video link is at the end

i have been having this alignment or aiming/sighting issue for years now, although after watching many coaches have improved my game alot but the main problem is still there.
                ----------------------------------
                "when i play long blue from baulk line next to yellow i tend to miss the blue to the left of the pocket (black pocket) and when i play long blue from baulk line next to green spot i tent to miss the blue to the right of the pocket (black pocket) "
                ------------------------------------
                the other thing that i can see is that as i plant my right leg( right hander), the cue is still online, but as soon as i put my left leg and turn my body and get down the cue butt goes offline to my left. i think as i plant my left leg and turn my body , the cue is also in sync with left leg. that is why i also tried turning my body first with the cue online, and the put right leg, and left leg. also tried to plant right leg , left leg , then turn my body with the cue and get down. None helped the alignment problem i thought maybe as soon as i plant my left leg, and then get down the bridge arm might cause the cue butt to go offline, so i tried sliding through towards the line of the shot. but does not help either
                i can see my bridge arm is abit too much bent, maybe that is causing the right shoulder (cueing shoulder) to be slightly out or maybe elbow slightly out. does bending bridge arm can cause the cue alignment problem? so when i get down, the cue butt is offline, mostly towards my left
                when i played for the first 3 years with no coach, ofcourse i was not a serious player. but i remember i used to lean to my right and walk in to the shot . a coach then changed it to lining up with middle of the body. could it be the because of that, my natural sighting was changed?
                i also remember in the first 5 years of playing snooker, while standing behind the shot my right foot was straight, but as i was walkin in and planting the right foot i was turning my foot 90degree (towards 1oclock) ofcourse once i plant my right leg, and left leg, the position never changed. so later i also forced my self to not turn my right left as i plant my right leg. so now my right foot is pointing straight while standing and as i walkin and plant my right foot still pointing straight. ofcourse once i plant my right leg, and left leg, the position never changed.

the other very concerning thing is the chin position i have been playing with my natural chin position for years now, and never have changed it. although i did the dominant eye test and it is my right eye. and i also hold a pen pointing an object and bringing it towards my face, and the pen hit under my right chin, under right nose nostril. but as i recorded myself and played with normal chin the cue hit a different chin position. i also tried getting down and not using the chin and recorded. seems the cue is under right chin, under right nose nostril. so my normal chin position might be wrong, and maybe that is why the butt of the cue always goes offline. but since im used to this, i feel comfortable and shots look online? this part has been wasting my time alot, and i cannot decide if i am wrong, or right

To be exact, saw 1 coach 1 hour, later saw another coach 1 hour, then saw another coach for 2 years about 8 sessions.

so after 7 years decided to see some european coaches. In the last 3 years i have seen 3 coaches, including Pj Nolan, Chris Hendry, Nic barrow – Ofcourse I respect these coaches

still struggling, ofcourse my game has improved alot but the major problem is still there. i guess it is either the sighting/aiming or using wrong chin position which is causing alignment.

here it is a very long and detailed video including some of 3 coaches clips that i named.

Thanks for watching
                i have been having this alignment or aiming/sighting issue for years now, although after watching many coaches have improved my game alot but the main problem is still there.
                "when i play long blue from baulk line next to yellow i tend to miss the blue to the left of the pocket (black pocket) and when i play long blue from baulk line next to green spot i tent to miss the blue to the right of the pocket (black pocket) "
                ------------------------------------
                the other thing that i can see is that as i plant my right leg( right hander), the cue is still online, but as soon as i put my left leg and turn my body and get down the cue butt goes offline to my left. i think as i plant my left leg and turn my body , the cue is also in sync with left leg. that is why i also tried turning my body first with the cue online, and the put right leg, and left leg. also tried to plant right leg , left leg , then turn my body with the cue and get down. None helped the alignment problem i thought maybe as soon as i plant my left leg, and then get down the bridge arm might cause the cue butt to go offline, so i tried sliding through towards the line of the shot. but does not help either
                i can see my bridge arm is abit too much bent, maybe that is causing the right shoulder (cueing shoulder) to be slightly out or maybe elbow slightly out. does bending bridge arm can cause the cue alignment problem? so when i get down, the cue butt is offline, mostly towards my left
                when i played for the first 3 years with no coach, ofcourse i was not a serious player. but i remember i used to lean to my right and walk in to the shot . a coach then changed it to lining up with middle of the body. could it be the because of that, my natural sighting was changed?
                i also remember in the first 5 years of playing snooker, while standing behind the shot my right foot was straight, but as i was walkin in and planting the right foot i was turning my foot 90degree (towards 1oclock) ofcourse once i plant my right leg, and left leg, the position never changed. so later i also forced my self to not turn my right left as i plant my right leg. so now my right foot is pointing straight while standing and as i walkin and plant my right foot still pointing straight. ofcourse once i plant my right leg, and left leg, the position never changed.

the other very concerning thing is the chin position i have been playing with my natural chin position for years now, and never have changed it. although i did the dominant eye test and it is my right eye. and i also hold a pen pointing an object and bringing it towards my face, and the pen hit under my right chin, under right nose nostril. but as i recorded myself and played with normal chin the cue hit a different chin position. i also tried getting down and not using the chin and recorded. seems the cue is under right chin, under right nose nostril. so my normal chin position might be wrong, and maybe that is why the butt of the cue always goes offline. but since im used to this, i feel comfortable and shots look online? this part has been wasting my time alot, and i cannot decide if i am wrong, or right

To be exact, saw 1 coach 1 hour, later saw another coach 1 hour, then saw another coach for 2 years about 8 sessions.

so after 7 years decided to see some european coaches. In the last 3 years i have seen 3 coaches, including Pj Nolan, Chris Hendry, Nic barrow – Ofcourse I respect these coaches

still struggling, ofcourse my game has improved alot but the major problem is still there. i guess it is either the sighting/aiming or using wrong chin position which is causing alignment.

here it is a very long and detailed video including some of 3 coaches clips that i named.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGPQywr6W5Q

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                  That's ridiculous, if a coach has no idea after 3 hours he shouldn't charge for the other 2!!
                  i shared a video of me

Comment

Coach seems bloody useless to me, five hours and couldn't work out your cue action, what a dope.
                    He should have been looking at your line of aim set up, how you deliver the cue by watching your grip hand and butt of the cue from behind, the tip and shaft from the front, how everything aligns and moves along some straight lines on the table using masking tape and also what you were looking at during all stages of the shot making process.
                    Five hours is long enough to do this, just where do these charlatans get their diplomas from, if they have one that is and even that doesn't mean anything.
                    shared the video of me, please have a look, thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                      There are many ways, the easiest but not cheap IMO is the balls by Chris Henry. I am using them. They are a very good self training aid.
                      yeah i already have the " no ball " and have seen chris henry in person

Comment

I admire your perseverance and determination, given the amount of analysis you have conducted I can't personally help you but hopefully someone else will. 🙏
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

It's clear to me that you're switching from right eye sighting when stood up behind the line of aim (6m 12sec) to left eye sighting when down in the stance (6m 37 sec). It may not be exact right or left but the onus is on right and left, inside right eye, inside left eye.
                          That coach shoulkd have seen this rather than buggering about with lasers

Also you're feathering and striking the cue ball using the whole of your arm from the shoulder joint rather than using just your forearm from the elbow joint (35m 02 sec) you can clearly see your elbow dipping up and down and moving from side to side and this is not condusive to straight cueing.
                          That coach should also have seen this as it's pretty clear from all angles rather than getting you to cue from tight on the cushion and buggering about with lasers

The elbow joint is a hinge joint and enables the forearm to move in only two directions when down in your stance, forwards and backwards, the shoulder joint however in a ball and socket joint that allows for movement in any direction and must never be used for delivery of the cue in cue sports. It may look like Efren Reyes and Ronnie O'Sullivan do this but in actuality their upper arm only drops after they have struck the cue ball.

It seems that you have experimented with centre chin and dominant eye theory to such a level that you no longer know what's natural for you, so my two penneth worth is to forget thinking about eyes and chin. That coach should have told you this rather than buggering about with lasers

Place the cue on the table lined up exactly with a straight pot and stand two steps behind it, sight the line and move your feet into position for your stance without actually getting down while looking at the cue ball while placing your right foot and then looking at the centre of the object ball while placing your left foot, this should happen very quickly, naturally for most without realising it. Then pick up the cue without moving your feet, start getting down and half way down address the tip to the centre of the cue ball, see how this looks for you.

Don't try getting your right foot anywhere in particular, let your eyes decide that for you by not thinking about it and simply looking at the cue ball for it's that foot that gets the butt of the cue on the line of aim, same for the left foot (object ball) as that's the one that will bring the tip of the cue onto the line along with the butt as long as you're looking at the right target.

Lock your shoulder and wrist, don't move your upper arm, don't twist your wrist, watch Neil Robertson, his upper arm only drops down after the strike when using power, forget Ronnie, he's a one off that can't be copied.
                          Move the cue forwards and backwards using only the forearm from the elbow joint, keep the grip relaxed and open the fingers on the backswing and close them on the forwards stroke in order to keep the cue parallel with the bed of the table.

Cueing with the upper arm is your main problem, it has to stop, sighting is personal and what I do may not work for you or anyone else but it's all I can give you in that respect as it's what I do myself, but looking at the correct target at the correct time is a must and if that doesn't come naturally then you need to experiment and find a routine that does it for you.
                          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                            I admire your perseverance and determination, given the amount of analysis you have conducted I can't personally help you but hopefully someone else will. 🙏
                            thank you, yeah i hope so

Comment

It's clear to me that you're switching from right eye sighting when stood up behind the line of aim (6m 12sec) to left eye sighting when down in the stance (6m 37 sec). It may not be exact right or left but the onus is on right and left, inside right eye, inside left eye.
                              That coach shoulkd have seen this rather than buggering about with lasers

Also you're feathering and striking the cue ball using the whole of your arm from the shoulder joint rather than using just your forearm from the elbow joint (35m 02 sec) you can clearly see your elbow dipping up and down and moving from side to side and this is not condusive to straight cueing.
                              That coach should also have seen this as it's pretty clear from all angles rather than getting you to cue from tight on the cushion and buggering about with lasers

The elbow joint is a hinge joint and enables the forearm to move in only two directions when down in your stance, forwards and backwards, the shoulder joint however in a ball and socket joint that allows for movement in any direction and must never be used for delivery of the cue in cue sports. It may look like Efren Reyes and Ronnie O'Sullivan do this but in actuality their upper arm only drops after they have struck the cue ball.

It seems that you have experimented with centre chin and dominant eye theory to such a level that you no longer know what's natural for you, so my two penneth worth is to forget thinking about eyes and chin. That coach should have told you this rather than buggering about with lasers

Place the cue on the table lined up exactly with a straight pot and stand two steps behind it, sight the line and move your feet into position for your stance without actually getting down while looking at the cue ball while placing your right foot and then looking at the centre of the object ball while placing your left foot, this should happen very quickly, naturally for most without realising it. Then pick up the cue without moving your feet, start getting down and half way down address the tip to the centre of the cue ball, see how this looks for you.

Don't try getting your right foot anywhere in particular, let your eyes decide that for you by not thinking about it and simply looking at the cue ball for it's that foot that gets the butt of the cue on the line of aim, same for the left foot (object ball) as that's the one that will bring the tip of the cue onto the line along with the butt as long as you're looking at the right target.

Lock your shoulder and wrist, don't move your upper arm, don't twist your wrist, watch Neil Robertson, his upper arm only drops down after the strike when using power, forget Ronnie, he's a one off that can't be copied.
                              Move the cue forwards and backwards using only the forearm from the elbow joint, keep the grip relaxed and open the fingers on the backswing and close them on the forwards stroke in order to keep the cue parallel with the bed of the table.

Cueing with the upper arm is your main problem, it has to stop, sighting is personal and what I do may not work for you or anyone else but it's all I can give you in that respect as it's what I do myself, but looking at the correct target at the correct time is a must and if that doesn't come naturally then you need to experiment and find a routine that does it for you.
                              thank you , i have saved your notes, will go through each paragraph on practice table,
                              tnx once again for taking your time and sharing your knowledge

"getting you to cue from tight on the cushion" , he name is chris hendry coach, saw him in belgium ( 1 week camp )
                              "the guy with lasers", he name is pj nolan coach, saw him in ireland (1 week camp)
                              "and at 6m 12sec 6m 37sec" , he name is nic barrow coach, saw him in australia (1 full day)

i might be so unlucky that none of them detect what you just mentioned.
                              no disrespect to any of these coaches
                              Last edited by lahore; 25 January 2024, 06:59 PM.

Comment

i know i drop my shoulder after the strike, and that is how i get a good follow through. do you mean that? or the shoulder is dropping at the wrong time?

tnx

Comment

Working...
                                X