No announcement yet.

cue alignment needs a fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vmax can you please have a look at this clip, that a guy shared in this forum
    "Try the method here at 10:00, I found it very helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqM1dAxvTa0
    this is exactly what i do at 10:00 , when i am up i sight with right eye and when down the right eye is not over the line of aim

since you understood my problem, your comment will be very valuable , so please share what you think

ofcourse when i put the like like this clip suggest, when i am down and i do not even care about head or eye or chin position. as soon as i get down the ball at the end of the baulk line will look like as if someone has moved it abit to the right (to the right, from my perspective in relation to the table)

and yes i am still trying to figure out what foot position will give me the best center point on object ball while the butt stays in the center of the masking tape like you said

thank you MILLIONS

Comment

It could well be that you're sighting along the cue with your left eye when down in your stance after you have addressed the tip of the cue to the cue ball using your right eye, thus sighting across the line of aim when down, so even though the cue may well be exactly on the line it might not look like it is when you're sighting along the cue when down.

Best thing is not to do this, don't sight along the cue, just look at the contact point on the object ball and the tip of the cue as you address it to the cue ball, I do this all the time, even with rest shots when the whole of the cue is in my vision I don't look along the cue, just tip to cue ball and cue ball to object ball.

What I advocate to left eye sighters is to stand behind the shot with the left foot in front of the right foot (boxer stance) so that there is no turn of the body or head when stepping into the stance and you drop straight down onto the line of aim with just one step forward.

This is all I've got as regards to sighting so please don't ask me anything else, don't ask me what it means as it's pretty clear cut to me and I tend to lose my cool with being asked the same thing over and over again when I've explained it fully.
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
        It could well be that you're sighting along the cue with your left eye when down in your stance after you have addressed the tip of the cue to the cue ball using your right eye, thus sighting across the line of aim when down, so even though the cue may well be exactly on the line it might not look like it is when you're sighting along the cue when down.

Best thing is not to do this, don't sight along the cue, just look at the contact point on the object ball and the tip of the cue as you address it to the cue ball, I do this all the time, even with rest shots when the whole of the cue is in my vision I don't look along the cue, just tip to cue ball and cue ball to object ball.

What I advocate to left eye sighters is to stand behind the shot with the left foot in front of the right foot (boxer stance) so that there is no turn of the body or head when stepping into the stance and you drop straight down onto the line of aim with just one step forward.

This is all I've got as regards to sighting so please don't ask me anything else, don't ask me what it means as it's pretty clear cut to me and I tend to lose my cool with being asked the same thing over and over again when I've explained it fully.
        Thank you very much, i have been practicing with the masking tape and tried different feet position as you suggested and thanks to you, the feet itself did not change anything, however now i atleast found the problem. so please make me correct if i am on the right path.

no matter what feet position i chose, the butt end is always offline to the left side of the masking tape.
        so after trying everything , i noticed that it is my heap that is causing the alignment problem.
        my right leg from behind looks like this \ and when i changed it to straight like this | then i felt that i am sitting on my right leg and the left knee bent is less, and when i change my right leg back to \ angle position then i feel like i no longer am sitting on right leg and there is more bent on left knee and the butt of cue goes to left.

so right leg like this \ (the view from behind) the butt of cue goes offline to left and i feel more left knee bent, with this position i have heaps of gap between my pants pocket and grip hand.

and when right leg is like this | (the view from behind) then the butt of the cue is more online and i feel less left knee bent, and also feel like i am sitting on my right heap. and also my pants pockets are closer to my grip hand.

does it show something that might be causing my alignment problem, that the cue is always to left of the masking tape ?
        have i found atleast the problem?

thank you very much
        did not know the masking tape would be so much helpful

Comment

Originally Posted by mrsnooker000 View Post
          no matter what feet position i chose, the butt end is always offline to the left side of the masking tape.
          I'm six foot two and I take a wide stance to get down low enough for chin on cue, I'm right handed and my right foot is outside the line of aim by two inches, (to the right of it) and my left foot is forward of my right foot by about six inches as I also sight with my dominant left eye so this wide boxer stance brings my head into the correct place to have my left eye over the cue, head and body facing 2 o'clock if 12 o'clock is directly down the line of aim. My right leg is just like yours when the butt of your cue is left of the tape but as I'm standing two inches outside the line of aim the butt of my cue falls directly onto the tape.

Now if I were to place my right foot on the line of aim the butt of my cue would miss the tape completely to the left of it, if I place my right foot one inch outside the line of aim (to the right of it) the butt of my cue would be just above the outside left edge of the tape, but when I place my right foot two inches outside the line of aim (to the right of it) the butt of my cue is right on the tape.

Do you see how this works ?

It's impossible to have the butt of your cue to the left of the tape no matter where you place your feet, you could place your feet in such a place that you would need to play the shot left handed, you have almost infinite scope for this.

Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post

I'm six foot two and I take a wide stance to get down low enough for chin on cue, I'm right handed and my right foot is outside the line of aim by two inches, (to the right of it) and my left foot is forward of my right foot by about six inches as I also sight with my dominant left eye so this wide boxer stance brings my head into the correct place to have my left eye over the cue, head and body facing 2 o'clock if 12 o'clock is directly down the line of aim. My right leg is just like yours when the butt of your cue is left of the tape but as I'm standing two inches outside the line of aim the butt of my cue falls directly onto the tape.

Now if I were to place my right foot on the line of aim the butt of my cue would miss the tape completely to the left of it, if I place my right foot one inch outside the line of aim (to the right of it) the butt of my cue would be just above the outside left edge of the tape, but when I place my right foot two inches outside the line of aim (to the right of it) the butt of my cue is right on the tape.

Do you see how this works ?

It's impossible to have the butt of your cue to the left of the tape no matter where you place your feet, you could place your feet in such a place that you would need to play the shot left handed, you have almost infinite scope for this.
            wow thank you for explaining this , makes sense and i really am thank ful for your replies and support
            just forgot to share one serious point and it might be helpful, 8 years ago i had a back surgery , after that i guess my game started to go downwards although i wasnt a century break player too. however now i feel like i am not sitting on any hip , right or left. i just turn my entire heap to the left. do you think i should sit on left or right hip?

thank you

Comment

Working...
            X