Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cue tip goes over the cue ball as i walk in

Hi
    As i walk in to the shot, the cue tip goes past the cueball top and as i am about to get down i pull the cue back to bring the cue tip behind the cue ball center. and this is causing alignment problem because the cue butt goes towards left.

when i try to put the cue tip behind the cueball and get down, i have no alignment problem. that is how i figured out this is cuasing the alignment problem

so basically i put my right foot on line of aim as i walk in, i put the left leg at the same time synced with the cue arm goes online of aim with the cue, but the cue shaft is about 2 inches beyond the white, so as i am getting down i pull the cue back to bring it behind the cueball, so once i am fully down. the cue tip is behind the cue ball.

i asked many and they said, only shaun murphy does it like this.

what is the correct what ? do other players do that ? can this problem cause the alignment problem or i am in the wrong direction

thank you
    here is a pic of what i mean sfds.PNG

I would say there is no such thing as a 'correct' way to cue or address a ball. Many players have their own idiosyncracies, it's about what you are most comfortable with. That said, I've always believed its your stance and foot placement that affects your allignment more than anything else!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ginger Freak View Post
      I would say there is no such thing as a 'correct' way to cue or address a ball. Many players have their own idiosyncracies, it's about what you are most comfortable with. That said, I've always believed its your stance and foot placement that affects your allignment more than anything else!
      yeah that is why i shared and wanted to know players views here, thought as i pull the cue back to bring the cue tip to address position, and thats is it when i the cue butt goes offline.
      by the way since you metnioned the stance, i only can suspect my hip and left knee. i tent to turn my hip to left and left leg knee bends comes inside. not sure if either that is causing the cue butt go offline to left.

i placed my right foot inside, outside the line . does not make any difference. the cue butt is always to the left.
      2 things are suspecious as i mentioned.

hopefully someone will help me with their knowledge of the game

thanks everyone

Comment

Working...
      X