X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are you a qualified coach rr1983 ?

Comment

Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
      Absolutely ive seen it just this week with a few new members in their mid-20s so not an older thing at all.
      cool ... we're all agreed then ... great forum this is - we can have these discussions in a friendly environment ...

where do you live RR? I do occasionally wonder whether an hour or two of professional coaching would help me ... I''m not totally convinced because actually I don't think my cueing action is too bad - not terribly consistent but not too bad ... it's probably my poor eyesight and my bad back!

but I still live in hope ... can't remember whether I've mentioned it on this thread already but didn't Fred Davis reach a major semi-final at the age of 64 or 65 ... rather sadly, I think his brother Joe was watching, was taken ill and died the next day or two ...

so I'm only a baby really!

sorry, that's my warped soh again lol ...

Comment

It is hard to teach an old dog new tricks they say.

It is not impossible though. Age is NO barrier to improvment in my opinion, just a bit harder to get out of bad habbits.

This chap could play a bit Danny...click on it and check him out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebtWYhfvcAI

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
          are you a qualified coach rr1983 ?
          Im not WPBSA qualified no but I am a recognised coach locally and assist in Sheffield academy too thanks to a friend of mine working up there.

Dandy im in Hertfordshire.
          Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
          Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Originally Posted by 1lawyer View Post
            It is hard to teach an old dog new tricks they say.

It is not impossible though. Age is NO barrier to improvment in my opinion, just a bit harder to get out of bad habbits.

This chap could play a bit Danny...click on it and check him out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebtWYhfvcAI
            yep that's my hero Fred Davis! well Fred isn't my hero actually - he just gives me hope - Steve Davis is my hero - they call him the old man of snooker but he's almost to the day 6 months younger than me ...

but now you're calling me an "old dog" and RR was calling me an "old boy" earlier ... what is wrong with the youngsters of today! when I was a lad etc ...

hee-hee ... only joking ... it's my warped soh again

BTW 1lawyer ... get some glasses - my handle (as I think you youngsters call it) is DandyA - not danny

Comment

well actually I was in Spec Savers last week DandyA and you'll never guess who I bumped into there.

Comment

I call everyone older than me an "old boy" Please take it as a sign of affection and nothing sinister. Now logging into chat if anyone cares to join me.
                Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
                Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Working...
                X