Help with my snooker game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with my snooker game

Well my name is malachi im 15 and have loved snooker mot of my life i played snookerfrom when i was 10 untill i was 13 when i stopped as i realised that with my temper and my emotions at the time i couldnt really control them, well i have started snooker again and now i can only make breaks of around 25, considering i wanted to be a proffesional im realising how bad my breaks are and its putting me down as i am thinking that now i dont really have a chance at getting to where i want to be.

so what age did you begin snooker and how far are you now (break wise) as im not too sure if i really have much of a chance now that im already 15 most people who want to be pro at my ages are already getting into the 100's.

Malachi.
    Age:17 full time snooker player hoping to get somewhere in the future!

Have a look round at the coaching threads here already. Remember playing snooker is not always about becoming a professional.

bongo

Comment

Yes i know i just want to really enjoy it, but i still want to improve my game majorly.

Comment

Originally Posted by Malachi-b View Post
        Yes i know i just want to really enjoy it, but i still want to improve my game majorly.
        Malachi-b ... I have no magic answer except to say enjoy the game ... it is vital you enjoy it ... Ronnie's big problem in life is often, he doesn't ...

I enjoy the game, even though I miss, but I enjoy simply playing the game ... hopefully I'll miss by less the next time I play that shot ...

I am 51 years old, ancient in your and many eyes, but I stil have hope ... I'd love to be the oldest World Champion ever but that's a bit unrealistic given my high break is only 25 ... so I personally would settle for an HB over 30 ...

But that's because I'm old ... you could probably do a bit better

Comment

Hey old boy Dandy

Your 30+ break will come.
          Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
          Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
            Hey old boy Dandy

Your 30+ break will come.
            I know RR ... I actually was on 24 the other day and I had a "Jamie Burnett" type black which to be honest, I was really pleased with given I was cutting the red into the centre pocket ...

I actually thought I got it pretty spot on ... stun the white on and off the black cushion which I did but left it 6 inches short of an easy pot on the black ... I really can't complain - I hit the cueball fine but left it 6 inches short on a travel of maybe 100 inches ...

oh, and I got the black a hell of a lot closer than Jamie did LOL!

tough game snooker but that's why we all love it so much ...

[edit] oh and then there's the pressure ... can't really say I felt it on the "Burnett" type black cos it was a difficult shot but I missed a fairly easy black to beat my high break just a few weeks ago cos I was trembling like a new-born lamb ...
            Last edited by DandyA; 26 February 2009, 02:41 AM.

Comment

The Burnett shot...oooooh libellous lol. keep going sir I have faith in you
              Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

Comment

Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
                The Burnett shot...oooooh libellous lol. keep going sir I have faith in you
                not at all RR (libelous that is) ... I personally don't think in a million years Jamie Burnett missed that shot on purpose just as I didn't miss my "Burnett" shot on purpose ... (a) it's a sodding difficult pot and (b) the pressure - in his case, because of the match situation in a pro-game or in my case because it would have got my HB over 30 ...

I repeat, snooker is a tough but beautiful game and it's sodding difficult!

it's true, I have missed two shots to take my break to 27 or 31 but neither were easy and actually I'm quite pleased I got the white positioned fairly well ...

RR you may have better advice, but in that situation (ie tough pot for your HB) or even easy pot for your HB ... just play it as normal ... as someone once said "DON'T PANIC!" ...

that's a famous line from Dad's Army by the way for you young whipper-snappers ...

Comment

Nope couldnt agree more Dandy. In fact when im now going through the line up witha few more experienced players instead of replacing balls and saying 1..8..9...16..etc.. i simply say, to the ones who are struggling more so, 1 black..(silence on the red..)..2 blacks..2 blacks 1 pink etc..so they dont know what they are scoring and hence less pressure.

Comment

ive been playing for about 3 hours a week for 2 months and my highest break is 15..i wish i could hit 25's mate.

But i enjoy it, im not playing to become a professional, i think if you're always thinking about becoming a pro you're probably less likely to get there.

Comment

yeah but ive been playing for like 5 years

Comment

Originally Posted by Malachi-b View Post
                        yeah but ive been playing for like 5 years
                        Unfortunately Malachi this counts as little more than nothing if you have bad habits and havent had advice from superior players or indeed serious coaching if you wish to improve your game in a serious way.

Comment

Working...
                        X