off day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• off day

i went snooker today and i played so bad, i was missing every shot that i took and was just unable to play, i tried calming down by not playing for a bit but it never worked out i just feel really disapointed after playing.

have you got any tips about this tips for calming down or getting back to the way you played before ?
    Age:17 full time snooker player hoping to get somewhere in the future!

Originally Posted by Malachi-b View Post
    i went snooker today and i played so bad, i was missing every shot that i took and was just unable to play, i tried calming down by not playing for a bit but it never worked out i just feel really disapointed after playing.

have you got any tips about this tips for calming down or getting back to the way you played before ?
    Malachi-b...

All us go through that mate. Even Ronnie.
    Thank God for small mercies like not shaming ourselves in front of millions watching on TV when we do fkucup!

If I have a bad day... I mean, when I have a bad day I don't play. I stop. I practice.
    Re-examining my form starting on the basic shots, rebuilding form and focus seems to work for me...
    also, I find watching youtube vids of players/matches I admire before playing helps me get back in the mood and stroke of things.

Best of luck and I hope this little advice will help you to, next time you play,

bring your Malachi-A Game!

=o)

Noel

Comment

Haha thank you very much i will go and watch some videos of snooker on youtube to get me in the mood

Comment

Hey Malachi.

I read once that you have to remember that any shots taken in the past, will not affect any shot you take in the future.

Try and think about it. There is no reason that because you just played a bad shot, that your next shot won't be amazing.

It's all in the mind.

When you are on a bad run, you tell yourself you can't play, and wonder if it will ever go right.
        Yet when you are on a hot streak, you are telling yourself this can't last, waiting for the miss!!
        Therefore why aren't you telling yourself the bad streak can't last as well???!

It doesn't make any sense.
        It's just your mind playing tricks on you.

Just remember, every shot is an independent event. What happened before has NO EFFECT on it at all.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Even if it doesn't help mal-b (which I hope it does), it does help me! I couldn't have put it more perfectly. Thanks a lot!
          Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Indeed checkside. You will need to draw on your mental strength to put behind you your previous bad form and concentrate 100% on your forthcoming shots. Its all too easy to keep thinking about that black you left over the pocket that your opponent then potted but if you can compose yourself and ignore the previous disappointments youll be fine.
            Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
            Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Originally Posted by checkSide View Post
              Hey Malachi.

I read once that you have to remember that any shots taken in the past, will not affect any shot you take in the future.

Just remember, every shot is an independent event. What happened before has NO EFFECT on it at all.

Hope this helps.
              i really like this way of looking at it, i know its kind of obvious but soo many times ive let a few bad shots effect the way i play for the rest of the match, ill have to remember to tell myself this next time i can feel myself getting frustrated
              Last edited by Forman; 1 March 2009, 05:14 AM.
              New Zealands biggest snooker fan

Comment

You won't improve by not playing, and you won't improve if you don't enjoy the game.

bongo

Comment

Thank you for the help everyone, i went to colindale and played a few frames with Stjimmy and played quite well so hopfully ill be able to keep this up

Comment

yeah i had a good few games today was playing some of the good players down the club won a couple of frames and came close on a few others my potting and positioning was really good for me think it was because i was concentrating as playing good players and it upped my game

Comment

Originally Posted by cm59 View Post
                      yeah i had a good few games today was playing some of the good players down the club won a couple of frames and came close on a few others my potting and positioning was really good for me think it was because i was concentrating as playing good players and it upped my game
                      Hey cm50 just a quick point..Playing players better than you on a regular is a great way to go up a notch or two in a very short space of time. How many times do you beat a so-called "better player" only to then lose to someone you consider YOURSELF better than?? Concentration.
                      Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
                      Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

the way i look at it...is that you have to miss a pot eventually....no one can keep potting balls forever
                        Crucible77's Bahrain Championship Fantasy Game Winner 2008 :snooker:

HB practice: 112
                        HB match: 81

Comment

sigh i had the same problem tonight : (...

got to the snooker place... couldnt even get anything in... some easy shots i missed....

everytime i went on the table i had that uneasy / uncertainty feeling... and i just missed...

such a bad night for me : ( .........

Comment

never mind.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1loyjm4SOa0

Comment

I've had the same days, couldn't pot a ball and hated every minute. I just had to learn to try and laugh about it otherwise I'd hate snooker, since I've had a more light hearted look to my snooker I've won alot of games I would have lost easily before just due to my better temperament.
                              -'Don't choke, don't choke, don't choke! aww I knew I was going to choke'-

Comment

Working...
                              X