Looking for a good snooker coach in the Toronto/Woodbridge area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a good snooker coach in the Toronto/Woodbridge area

A quick introduction. I haven't play snooker in about 30 years and I want to get back into the game. I purchased a new cue the other day and l last Thursday I went down to the Legion to see what if anything I had left. As expected, I discovered that my form and stroke needs a lot of work. I found that I really had to concentrate, even on the basic shots for a successful pot. The good news is that I did have a terrific time.

To progress to where I need to be I'm looking to find a good snooker coach who can work with me on my game.

Can anyone here recommend a good snooker coach in the Toronto or Woodbridge area?
    Cheers,
    -- Bill --

Bill,

Welcome back to the game. I haven't played snooker in Toronto for some time, so I could be out in left field.

Jim Wych is the house pro at The Academy of Spherical Arts and I believe still gives lessons. Cliff Thorburn also gives lessons. Years ago, someone that was well respected in his knowledge of the game, was Paul Thornley. I am not certain if he is still around. One suggestion would be to call Shooters (north end of TO) and speak to the owner.

Also here is an attachment that might lead you in the right direction.

http://www.snookerline.com/index.htm

Good luck, happy shooting!

Mike

Comment

Hey Mike... Thanks for the above recommendations and I'll let you know what happens.
      Cheers,
      -- Bill --

Comment

Bill,

Good luck in your hunt. Snooker is encountering a revival in southern Ontario, so I am sure you will not have any problem getting a coach. If you are ever in my neck of the woods(literally) let me know and we’ll get together for a few games. I live about 450 miles north of Toronto, so I literally live in the woods. The night before last it dropped to 38 below, without the wind. Luckily it warmed up to a balmy minus 25 last night. Good thing I have a table in my basement.

Take Care,
        Mike

Comment

Me too lukn for a coach

Originally Posted by ToBad4U View Post
          A quick introduction. I haven't play snooker in about 30 years and I want to get back into the game. I purchased a new cue the other day and l last Thursday I went down to the Legion to see what if anything I had left. As expected, I discovered that my form and stroke needs a lot of work. I found that I really had to concentrate, even on the basic shots for a successful pot. The good news is that I did have a terrific time.

To progress to where I need to be I'm looking to find a good snooker coach who can work with me on my game.

Can anyone here recommend a good snooker coach in the Toronto or Woodbridge area?

Hi Bill

If you do find a good coach; could you guide me as well? I live in Toronto as well.
          Thanks and all the best
          regards
          ali

Comment

toronto snooker coach

LEE BRETT
            TOP ENGLISH SNOOKER COACH
            OFFICIAL 9 BALL COACH OF JOHN MORRA, CHRIS ORME AND BRITTANY BRYANT…..
            IMPROVE YOUR GAME, SNOOKER, 9 BALL, 8 BALL, BILLIARDS, ALL CUE SPORTS REQUIRE A CUE ACTION.
            THE MOST ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY IN CUESPORTS, LEARN HOW TO CUE LIKE RONNIE O SULLIVAN, MARK SELBY, DING JUNHUI, STEPHEN HENDRY, GRAHAM DOTT, LIANG WENBO, PETER EBDON TO NAME A FEW WHO WERE COACHED BY DEL HILL, WORLD SNOOKER HEAD COACH, AND MY MENTOR. I HAVE ALMOST 15 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE COACHING TOP ENGLISH JUNIORS - MANY NOW QUALIFYING AS PROFESSIONALS IN ENGLAND, AND TOP LOCAL AMATEURS. DEPENDING ON YOUR ABILITY, HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TO HAVE YOU MAKING THOSE HIGH BREAKS OR THOSE RUN OUTS, TO WIN, TOURNAMENTS ON A REGULAR BASIS. GUARANTEED TO IMPROVE YOUR WEALTH.
            FULL GAME ASSESSMENT, 1 LESSON, 4 LESSONS, OR FULL 10 LESSON COURSE YOU DECIDE -
            FULL ANALYSIS AND WRITTEN ASSESSMENT, ALSO PICTURE PROFILE OF CUE ACTION TO LOOK BACK ON.
            SIGHTING – STANCE – BRIDGE ARM – CUE ACTION – CUEBALL CONTROL – PHYSCOLOGICAL SIDE
            LEARN HOW TO DRIVE THE CUEBALL NOT PECK AT IT!!!
            GROUP COACHING VENUES BELOW, MINIMUM OF 3 PLAYERS – PLEASE ARRANGE GROUPS LESSONS WITH YOUR CLUB. JUNIOR COACHING SCHOOLS AT SHOOTERS AND THE ANNEX, SAT, SUN MORNINGS…
            ANNEX SHOOTERS SILVERTIP FREDERICKS
            WED 7PM SUN 12PM BOOK WITH CLUB BOOK WITH CLUB
            4169726588 4167507787 9052758433 5195769825

Tel:6472967716 – email: leebrett59@yahoo.co.uk

Comment

Hey Lee... I'll see you at Shooters on Monday at 19:00. Looking forward to it.
              Cheers,
              -- Bill --

Comment

Originally Posted by alidagr8 View Post
                Hi Bill

If you do find a good coach; could you guide me as well? I live in Toronto as well.
                Thanks and all the best
                regards
                ali
                Hi Ali,

I had my first lesson with Lee Brett (above post), give him a call, you will NOT be disappointed.
                Cheers,
                -- Bill --

Comment

Working...
                X