No announcement yet.

breaking off during solo practice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i use this as a way of practicing break building when the line up gets a bit boring.
    Rack the balls up as usual only leave the black and pink off the table then break the pack of reds like u would in a game of pool, then replace the pink and black and start potting
    ive heard rumors this is the way willie thorne made so many maximums in practice
    New Zealands biggest snooker fan

Comment

i was actually thinking of doing that, but if you cover the pink and black you have to put them in awkward positions i would imagine

Comment

Originally Posted by JoeNut View Post
        i was actually thinking of doing that, but if you cover the pink and black you have to put them in awkward positions i would imagine
        yeah this does happen sometimes, i usually just move any reds covering either spot out of the way.
        Its a fun way to practice and its more challenging plus closer to a real match situation than the line up
        New Zealands biggest snooker fan

Comment

as for those practice routines like line ups, I recommend the snooker gym's e-books. Just bought one off them 3 days ago, its the "Perfect Practice Routines Ebook", I think there's exactly 155 illustrated practice routines. The line-ups and most of the routines available on websites had become somewhat monotonous, so I needed something to break that. The TSG made it come true. do check it out

Comment

If you want to open them and stay in the immediate area and keep all the colours more or less where they should be.

Play from the yellow up the table with a lot of left hand side, coming off the top cushion you should be hitting the second or third red full ball!

This push the reds apart but also pushes the pink into the blue keeping it where it should be, more or less!

If you play this from the yellow side, with top/left handside, hitting it correctly you nearlly always finish safe on the top cushion!

try it!
            Quote : It took me eight hours a day for 16 years to become an overnight sensation! Cliff Thorburn

Comment

Working...
            X