Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting to the point where you feel nothing can help you......?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My advice would be that you need to chill out a bit and enjoy the game for what it is. I used to play every night and practised hard, reading everything there was to read about techniques (which is now why I coach partly cos of the knowledge i gained). Anyway, eventually I realised I was aiming for an impossible target - the perfect technique and not to miss and to play well all the time etc. Goals have got to be realistic. Once I changed my goals to realistic ones then I enjoyed the game more and didnt get too down when i had a bad game. I suggest you really look at what you want from the game and how good you are now. Then adjust your targets and aims - even get a friend to see if he or she agrees with your aims. Its no good saying you want to knock in regular tons if you are playing once a week but at the same time dont underestimate and look at knocking in a 20 break now and again if you have been told your technique is good and you play every day. I hope that all makes sense. Give it a go - it worked for me and now i enjoy the game a lot more!
    coaching is not just for the pros
    www.121snookercoaching.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Belloz22 View Post
      thanks, ive always believed its a confidence issue - but it has always felt tecnhical even though ive been told its not. It just seems to be some block in my brian which is stopping me applying myself properly to every shot, and to give my best every time.
      what is your level,i.o.w what breaks do you make regurally against opponents?

Comment

About a year to two years ago I got to the same point and I took a large break from snooker to work on alot of things and it took me a long time to come back to a snooker table. One of the biggest problems was that I took it too seriously and when I had a bad day when I couldn't pot something or I got the bad run of the ball I'd let it get to me. Now I play snooker as a way to relax and enjoy it alot more because I use it as an escape from my day rather than something I have to do and do well at. Strangely enough since I've relaxed alot more I've got alot better, my position is alot better and potting a ball is ten times easier when you don't think your life depends on it. My advice to anyone going through something similar is to take a good look at your game and make sure the basics are right and if they are just try to play for you rather than forcing yourself to try to be better.
        -'Don't choke, don't choke, don't choke! aww I knew I was going to choke'-

Comment

Working...
        X